Prospect Info: Simon Nemec - part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
He was great in his debut. I liked every aspect of his game. He made great reads, lots of great subtle plays, defended well in rare situations when defense was needed and was all over it on the offence. Got leaned on heavily by the coach as well. Too bad it was in an embarrassing loss to the Sharks. Very unlucky to finish the game with a -2 rating.

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
that was an awesome debut. felt dangerous every time he had the puck in the offensive zone. passing was great as always, did he even miss an attempt? couple quirks defensively as expected (mainly felt like miscues more than actual issues), but overall thought he was pretty solid in his own zone. competitive, physically engaged, good reads. more the fault of some egregiously careless decisions in front of him for the minuses he ate. had you not watched this team before it would be pretty easy to be convinced he was a long tenured staple of the blue line. its a shame im coming away wanting to totally erase this game from my memory lol

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
He was great in his debut. I liked every aspect of his game. He made great reads, lots of great subtle plays, defended well in rare situations when defense was needed and was all over it on the offence. Got leaned on heavily by the coach as well. Too bad it was in an embarrassing loss to the Sharks. Very unlucky to finish the game with a -2 rating.
Led all D's in ice time in his NHL debut. How Lazar.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Despite the loss Nemec is the team leader in PPG. Ahead of Jack Hughes. That’s a remarkable achievement.
He has better PPG ahead of Gretzky.

Overall he is better defensive prospect than Jiricek, Hutson, Casey etc. This is exactly what you are waiting from your second OA. I think he, Luke and Dougie will fight each other in the locker room for QB spot in PP.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Not to get to far into the comparison or say it means that much but his 22:38 last night was almost 4 minutes more than any TOI Jiricek has had in a game this year (averaging 14:04 throughly 20 games). To be fair Jiricek got called up end of season last year and played a little over 20 in both.

His 2 point start also puts him 2 points behind Jiricek’s 4 points in 24 NHL games.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
It was fun to see Nemec taking so many shots. Surprising that the more offensively gifted Luke Hughes was taking less shots early on this season and generally just passed the puck meanwhile Nemec is going ham.

I really was expecting a quiet game where he defers to the veteran defenseman and just tries not to make mistakes.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
It was fun to see Nemec taking so many shots. Surprising that the more offensively gifted Luke Hughes was taking less shots early on this season and generally just passed the puck meanwhile Nemec is going ham.

I really was expecting a quiet game where he defers to the veteran defenseman and just tries not to make mistakes.
I think he’s been waiting too long and was getting too frustrated/impatient to just come in and try to play a quiet game. He clearly wants to have a big impact

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Not to get to far into the comparison or say it means that much but his 22:38 last night was almost 4 minutes more than any TOI Jiricek has had in a game this year (averaging 14:04 throughly 20 games). To be fair Jiricek got called up end of season last year and played a little over 20 in both.

His 2 point start also puts him 2 points behind Jiricek’s 4 points in 24 NHL games.
His skating is so much better than Jiricek’s in the games I’ve seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad