Recalled/Assigned: Simon Edvinsson recalled

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
To be fair, Seider has been bad lately. Not sure why.

Edvinsson looks realgud though. We should be very happy about that. Not sure who will be better between him, Power and Hughes from that really deep 2021 draft.
I just wish seider simplified his game. He's trying to do too much and as a result isnt accomplishing anything out there.

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
It's great that Edvinsson will always think of David Perron with great affection and the highest regard for his skill.

Ed is going to do nothing but get better and better with the puck and up-ice as he gains confidence. He already shows it in the d-zone with his skilled first touches and clever quick passes or dishes to open space for a teammate when under pressure.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
You guys see PP upside in his future? Or is he more a defense-first player? Haven't seen much of his play but he hasn't put up many points since he came up.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
To be fair, Seider has been bad lately. Not sure why.

Edvinsson looks realgud though. We should be very happy about that. Not sure who will be better between him, Power and Hughes from that really deep 2021 draft.
Would say bad, but not good.
It's great that Edvinsson will always think of David Perron with great affection and the highest regard for his skill.

Ed is going to do nothing but get better and better with the puck and up-ice as he gains confidence. He already shows it in the d-zone with his skilled first touches and clever quick passes or dishes to open space for a teammate when under pressure.
Can he have more confidence?

Yeah this is his "REAL" first goal, haha.

The move on the boards was Datsyukian good

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
It is nice to see a defenseman who regular tries to exit the defensive zone. His stick handling is a joy to watch.

Several articles have mentioned how Lalonde is trying to shut down his offensive tendencies. Last night showed what he is capable of the offensive zone. A goal and another great chance. Obviously he is going to get burned once in a while, but he has to continue to develop this transition game in order to bring out his true talent.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I just wish seider simplified his game. He's trying to do too much and as a result isnt accomplishing anything out there.
Seider looks mentally kind of burnt to me. I think these assignments have finally caught up to him. He's got the makings of a great dman but he isn't a Stevens or Lids level defender (yet
.. probably ever..) and that is how they have him matching up.

Ed hopefully being a part of a competent 2nd pair next year should really help him.

Ed may actually end up as the better defender as he is just naturally so calm back there. Seider even in previous seasons can panic a bit.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Seider looks mentally kind of burnt to me. I think these assignments have finally caught up to him. He's got the makings of a great dman but he isn't a Stevens or Lids level defender (yet
.. probably ever..) and that is how they have him matching up.

Ed hopefully being a part of a competent 2nd pair next year should really help him.

Ed may actually end up as the better defender as he is just naturally so calm back there. Seider even in previous seasons can panic a bit.
Hopefully Edvinsson can take some of the workload from Seider next year. A healthy Walman should help too. If we can get those 3 consistently being defensive rocks we make the playoffs easily. The problem has been all year one is usually playing off (or stuck in GR)

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Hopefully Edvinsson can take some of the workload from Seider next year. A healthy Walman should help too. If we can get those 3 consistently being defensive rocks we make the playoffs easily. The problem has been all year one is usually playing off (or stuck in GR)
Is walman not healthy now? Really don’t understand why he’s not in lineup. Go 11-7 instead of given ZAR 2 mins of ice

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Problem with Seider is that since day one he was #1 Red Wings defansman. He never have anyone to learn from. Lalonde overused him , he is not 100% healthy and Walman missing doesn't help.
Yzerman better bring Kronwall as coach assistant next season

Is walman not healthy now? Really don’t understand why he’s not in lineup. Go 11-7 instead of given ZAR 2 mins of ice
If he is healthy he plays

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016
Walman always plays like buns for two weeks after he hits the griddy. Getting Seider away from him helped the team he goes through some really rough stretches at top pairing and he can’t seem to figure it out with anybody else

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Just put him with Seider already It would be a top 5 pairing in the NHL instantly, how does the coach not see this when 99% of fans do.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Just put him with Seider already It would be a top 5 pairing in the NHL instantly, how does the coach not see this when 99% of fans do.
I think it's just because Seider played the hardest minutes in the league by far this year. They probably don't want to throw Edvinsson to the wolves quite that much yet

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I think it's just because Seider played the hardest minutes in the league by far this year. They probably don't want to throw Edvinsson to the wolves quite that much yet

Or they trust him enough to be a workhorse separate of Seider and figure that having one really good pairing playing 28 minutes isn't as practical as having two pretty good pairings playing a combined 45 minutes.

It's very rare to see a team with defensive depth issues take their two best defensemen and put them on the same pair because when they aren't on the ice, your team is probably getting curb stomped.

Last edited:

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Or they trust him enough to be a workhorse separate of Seider and figure that having one really good pairing playing 28 minutes isn't as practical as having two pretty good pairings playing a combined 45 minutes.

It's very rare to see a team with defensive depth issues take their two best defensemen and put them on the same pair because when they aren't on the ice, your team is probably getting curb stomped.

I agree with the strategy of separating them IF they are both so good, we can then essentially have 48-50 minutes covered between them. That said, I would rather we get to that point first, so I think play them together and see what happens. Anything that gets Chiarot and Petry playing less than 19 mins a game, especially Petry.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
His offensive production will improve when the Wings forwards learn how to use him. Twice last night late in the game he activated down the far boards only to be ignored by the forwards. He would have had great scoring chances. Lalonde probably refuses to use this play in practice so forwards are not looking for him.

Reactions: 13to40 and wings95

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Thought Simon had his first tough game last night since his call up. Let's see if he can bounce back and give a top notch effort tonight.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Didn't love him falling down and his man scoring on the first goal either. You could claim that isn't his fault, but would prefer to see him handle that better than he did.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Didn't love him falling down and his man scoring on the first goal either. You could claim that isn't his fault, but would prefer to see him handle that better than he did.
Yeah, he was on his ass while a midget scored. I don't remember exactly how it transpired but it's not a good look.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad