• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Its rather simple. At 5 OA you should be taking the best player available. Parekh won’t even be the best defenceman who will be available at 5 OA.

If the draft goes as it should the first three picks after Celebrini should be Demidov, Lindstrom and Levshunov. It would take a bold person indeed to take Parekh ahead of Dickinson, Buium or Iginla. In this writer’s opinion there are at least half a dozen other players, including Yakemchuk, Silayev, Catton and Sennecke who should (will) go before Parekh.

In following Beck’s progress this year, I have had the opportunity to watch Parekh’s level of play and in this writer’s opinion I have doubts about the transferability of his game to the NHL. I may be wrong. Perhaps with work, as you note, he can develop the skills necessary to play effectively in the NHL.

But at 5OA I want to draft a surer option. And the depth of this draft, particularly in the top, 10 offer much surer options than Parekh. Much surer. If we miss at 5 OA, we are setting back the pace and course of our rebuild significantly.

Well explained!

Hughes targeted hot trending players in Slaf and Reinbacher. Both with size and skating strengths. I think we are going to target someone with the same strategy.

Don't be surprised if we pass on Demidov and Lindstrom and take Iggy. I won't be. We did pass on Wright and Michkov who were deemed BPA by many (including myself).

Demidov has me confused a bit. I hear a lot of good things but I see a undersized forward. Would be a bold statement but who has the better NHL career? Iggy or Demidov? Most will say Demidov today and you can't blame them. Safe pick in terms of popular BPA talk but there is a part of me that wonders.... Is he Yakupov or is he one of Kucherov or Datsyuk. I don't have Demidov measured up with some of the Russian greats who has size to their resume.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Well explained!

Hughes targeted hot trending players in Slaf and Reinbacher. Both with size and skating strengths. I think we are going to target someone with the same strategy.

Don't be surprised if we pass on Demidov and Lindstrom and take Iggy. I won't be. We did pass on Wright and Michkov who were deemed BPA by many (including myself).

Demidov has me confused a bit. I hear a lot of good things but I see a undersized forward. Would be a bold statement but who has the better NHL career? Iggy or Demidov? Most will say Demidov today and you can't blame them. Safe pick in terms of popular BPA talk but there is a part of me that wonders.... Is he Yakupov or is he one of Kucherov or Datsyuk. I don't have Demidov measured up with some of the Russian greats who has size to their resume.

I get the love for Iggy, I really do, but if by some miracle we can choose between him and Demidov and chose Tij, I personally will have such a hard time with this as a fan.

I'd get over it, eventually, maybe lol, but I really desire the entertainment value and skill level that Demidov can bring to this team and it's fanbase. It's been far too long since we've had a forward of this ilk.

He's also a gamer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rozz

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I get the love for Iggy, I really do, but if we can choose between him and Demidov and chose Tij, I personally will have such a hard time with this as a fan.

I'd get over it, eventually, maybe lol, but I really desire the entertainment value and skill level that Demidov can bring to this team and it's fanbase. It's been far too long since we've had a forward of this ilk.

He's also a gamer.

There's no world where the Habs are passing on Demidov for Iginla.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Its rather simple. At 5 OA you should be taking the best player available. Parekh won’t even be the best defenceman who will be available at 5 OA.

If the draft goes as it should the first three picks after Celebrini should be Demidov, Lindstrom and Levshunov. It would take a bold person indeed to take Parekh ahead of Dickinson, Buium or Iginla. In this writer’s opinion there are at least half a dozen other players, including Yakemchuk, Silayev, Catton and Sennecke who should (will) go before Parekh.

In following Beck’s progress this year, I have had the opportunity to watch Parekh’s level of play and in this writer’s opinion I have doubts about the transferability of his game to the NHL. I may be wrong. Perhaps with work, as you note, he can develop the skills necessary to play effectively in the NHL.

But at 5OA I want to draft a surer option. And the depth of this draft, particularly in the top, 10 offer much surer options than Parekh. Much surer. If we miss at 5 OA, we are setting back the pace and course of our rebuild significantly.
Parekh won't be in my top 5. But he's a sure top 10 in my books. And Sennecke won't be a top 5 either.

Reactions: Rozz and mdk

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Step 1 - Habs pick 5th OA.

Step 2 - Trade #27 + #58 to move up in the 1st round, preferably between 18-21.

Conclusion - Leave the draft with a Top-5 pick and maybe a late teens or early 20s pick.

But also wouldn't be surprised if they simply use the Jets' pick to trade for a young established player a la Dach and Newhook.
I’d want a Step 3, add something to the newly obtained 20s pick and vault into the 11-16 range, to nab a dropper esp that there may be a run on D in the top 10.

But, this is the posting ninja’s world and for the purposes of this post, I’m merely a tourist in it.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Well explained!

How is Demidov undersized? Metrics please

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
How is Demidov undersized? Metrics please

1715732537309.png

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Euhhh, there might be. Remember Reinbacher over Michkov, Habs management think and pick on their own rules, not by popular choices.

They were telling us for near two months they didn't want Michkov. All we have heard this time around is that they love Demidov and will try to move up for him.

They didn't like Michkov. They like Demidov

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Perspective, they aren't running side by side, lol.
Any single dude will pick the 3 girls at 5'11.5", ... for other reasons than hockey.
You know what 7 months is actually with a 17 years old kid? the 6' is more 6'.5" after that extra 7 months of growth. Tij will grow to a 6'2.5". But you know, he have the genetics of a great father and a lovelly name.

On a side note about imperial measures, a question of mathematics :
how makes 10 feet and 5 inches multiply by 10 feet and 5 inches?

They were telling us for near two months they didn't want Michkov. All we have heard this time around is that they love Demidov and will try to move up for him.

They didn't like Michkov. They like Demidov
Maybe. If they take him, I will trust this pick. But something tells me Iggy will have a nice carreer.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Well explained!

if Im Hugo, honestly I take Iginla over Demidov.. but I take Lindstrom over Iginla.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Judging from Hughes Gorton track record….
Their first round picks (first pick) has always been size.
They know playoffs you need size to win games.

With that said:
Juraj Slafkovsky 6’4” 225lbs
David Reinbacher 6’4” 210lbs

If you go back to the draft videos for both years, you know they value size and skills.

Most likely they will try hard to get Cayden Lindstrom 6’4” 200lbs or Beckett Sennecke who’s already 6’4” 170lbs. Sennecke reminds me a lot of Filip Forsberg.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Judging from Hughes Gorton track record….
Their first round picks (first pick) has always been size.
They know playoffs you need size to win games.

With that said:
Juraj Slafkovsky 6’4” 225lbs
David Reinbacher 6’4” 210lbs

If you go back to the draft videos for both years, you know they value size and skills.

Most likely they will try hard to get Cayden Lindstrom 6’4” 200lbs or Beckett Sennecke who’s already 6’4” 170lbs. Sennecke reminds me a lot of Filip Forsberg.
But they traded to get Neewhook.
And Sennecke who is 6'4" is only 170 lbs. Kindda bizarre to draft him for his size.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
And Sennecke who is 6'4" is only 170 lbs. Kindda bizarre to draft him for his size.

Newhook is a speed demon though who only turned 23 this year, and did well in NCAA.

Not a terrible gamble.

Hughes also did say he values speed.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Bob MacKenzie said that after Celebrini it's pretty much a crap shoot all the way to #15. That's why someone like Sennecke could climb quite a bit.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Bob MacKenzie said that after Celebrini it's pretty much a crap shoot all the way to #15. That's why someone like Sennecke could climb quite a bit.
Bob MacKenzie said crap after Celebrini? Well, that's an hot quote. If he was an unknowned dude I would say he's seeking attention.

Dach needs a shooter on his line, Iginla would fit in very well
He's not the only shooter but he's quite a shooter on the videos.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Newhook is a speed demon though who only turned 23 this year, and did well in NCAA.

Not a terrible gamble.

Hughes also did say he values speed.
He's taking time to convert into nhl numbers. He just started to get pts when the season wasn't meaning anything. Beginning next season he have a lot to confirm, or to prove. Yes he's a speed demon but is it enough?

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Bigger frame. He can add weight.

Euhhh, there might be. Remember Reinbacher over Michkov, Habs management think and pick on their own rules, not by popular choices.
I would hope so. Otherwise they don’t need a GM, just rely on fan polls like this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad