• Iginla

• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
On the main board mock draft, it looks like the Blue Jackets Forum has voted for Lindstrom meaning that the first 4 picks would be

1- Celebrini
2- Demidov
3- Levshunov
4. Lindstrom

We're up next.

In that situation I'd be more than likely voting for Iginla, but i'm really struggling as i'm also considering Catton and Sennecke.
Fans usually want and crave forwards, understandingly.

But GM’s and scouts don’t, because they are in the business of team building. Having a fan’s poll going for offense doesn’t surprise me.

To answer your question I’d go Catton because I crave skills but I’ll be happy anyway with either of those three mentionned, with acceptance on a Buium pick or a Dickinson pick. I’d go forward above D all day though.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
What if management after vetting everyone thinks this guy is that good and draft him at 5?
That's nearly impossible. I think that would be the first big mistake of this management. Sennecke doesn't look solid on his skates. His goals looks like fluke and I saw him fall on the ice too often and that was his best plays. Similar to KK.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
That's nearly impossible. I think that would be the first big mistake of this management. Sennecke doesn't look solid on his skates. His goals looks like fluke and I saw him fall on the ice too often and that was his best plays. Similar to KK.
I only saw a few highlights so I am no expert. From what I read he has had a great play off and is now 6'4. Not much to go on for me.
I learned a lesson last year when I got blindsided with the Reinbacher pick. As a complete amateur I am still questioning that selection. These guys do alot of scouting so I have to trust them.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I only saw a few highlights so I am no expert. From what I read he has had a great play off and is now 6'4. Not much to go on for me.
I learned a lesson last year when I got blindsided with the Reinbacher pick. As a complete amateur I am still questioning that selection. These guys do alot of scouting so I have to trust them.
I am taking too much part in this debate and I should stop at some point. I don't have all the power to really check all these players and have a good opinion. If I read my posts 5 years later I might feel I was kindda stupid. So honestly I should just say it's an opinion based on my limited knowledge. In a normal world, everybody should say the same. Nobody here have the staff working full time to evaluate the players. It's fun to debate but there is a limit to not cross like pretending we have the truth.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I am taking too much part in this debate and I should stop at some point. I don't have all the power to really check all these players and have a good opinion. If I read my posts 5 years later I might feel I was kindda stupid. So honestly I should just say it's an opinion based on my limited knowledge. In a normal world, everybody should say the same. Nobody here have the staff working full time to evaluate the players. It's fun to debate but there is a limit to not cross like pretending we have the truth.
Well said, I feel the same.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Either we pick Iggy to piss the Flames off, hold him for ransom, or I don't see how we pass on Buium or the BPA. I hope they don't skip on a dman and draft by position (again) because I think Columbus takes Lindstrom if he's there.

Reactions: SwiftyHab

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Demidov is amazingly exciting as a prospect, but there are many reasons why he may be available at 5, or beyond.

1. Not overly physical, or imposing. Will he be able to dipsy-doodle around NHL defensemen? Will he Marner himself as an outside passer?
2. Russian factor. No major contract issue like Michkov, but still coming from a different culture and a country at war. Is he going to fit in?
3. Great D-men are available in this draft (Buium, Dickinson, Yak, Parekh, Silayev, Levshunov), and many teams in front us need them. Building your D first is a better rebuilding strategy IMO.
4. Injury concerns. Two major injuries this season. Is it bad luck or a pattern?
I would also add the Russian factor also entails less live viewings and no international play which also hurts.

And of course small wingers are the ones who are also most likely to drop at the draft and there's a decent chance Demidov drops to 5. A lot depends on Chicago, if they go with a D then it's probably 50/50 for Columbus between Demidov and someone else. The hope is probably all 3 of Chicago, Anaheim, Columbus have a D at #2 on their list and that it's a different D for each team.

Reactions: themilosh

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I would also add the Russian factor also entails less live viewings and no international play which also hurts.

And of course small wingers are the ones who are also most likely to drop at the draft and there's a decent chance Demidov drops to 5. A lot depends on Chicago, if they go with a D then it's probably 50/50 for Columbus between Demidov and someone else. The hope is probably all 3 of Chicago, Anaheim, Columbus have a D at #2 on their list and that it's a different D for each team.
Chicago has rapidly built a very small group of forward prospects, my gut tells me they pass on Demidov.

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Either we pick Iggy to piss the Flames off, hold him for ransom, or I don't see how we pass on Buium or the BPA. I hope they don't skip on a dman and draft by position (again) because I think Columbus takes Lindstrom if he's there.

BPA will most likely be a defensemen, and there’s a good chance a few will have better careers than most selected forwards.

But seems like Hughes really wants a forward.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Chicago has rapidly built a very small group of forward prospects, my gut tells me they pass on Demidov.
I agree they should, but most teams don't do the things I think they should do so who knows what actually happens. How much does their GM/Head Scout believe in drafting BPA and then making trades for whatever holes you have?

Jul 6, 2016
BPA will most likely be a defensemen, and there’s a good chance a few will have better careers than most selected forwards.

… or a RHD, at worst. I would not mind Levshunov or Parekh.

In an ideal world, Hughes could try to package Jets 1st rounder + other assets to pick another guy between 10th and 15th.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Well aren’t you guys cute.

My eyetest is I can’t tell from highlights at all… I am curious to see Sennecke filled out and thick, he looks like a lankier Dach or early Eller to me that could mature well or go full KK.
Compared to draft-year KK, Sennecke is a better skater, better stickhandler and has a better release.

KK might have had better defensive instincts.

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
There's no concensus on their order, but there's a high probability that the top 10 will consist of (in no particular order):

Celebrini
Demidov
Lindstrom
Iginla

Levshunov
Silayev
Buium
Dickinson
Parekh
Yaremchuk

That means that if you pick top 15, you'll get one of Sennecke, Catton, Eiserman, Helenius.

That's why we must try hard to get into that top 15 using the WPG first + other assets.

Teams like NJ, BUF, MIN and DET might be open to trading a pick that won't contribute before 2-4 years because they're looking to compete immediately .

Last edited:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

So he says , I wouldn’t ever pass in one of these kids if they are there. Kent probably saying one thing for the press and for head games going into the draft. Make Calgary nervous enough and they may make an enticing offer to move up to get their guy Iggy

Reactions: themilosh

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
There's no concensus on their order, but there's a high probability that the top 10 will consist of (in no particular order):

Celebrini
Demidov
Lindstrom
Iginla

Levshunov
Silayev
Buium
Dickinson
Parekh
Yaremchuk

That means that if you pick top 15, you'll get one of Sennecke, Catton, Eiserman, Helenius.

That's why we must try hard to get into that top 15 using the WPG first + other assets.

Reinbacher and Mesar to the Utah Uncoyotes for the 6th OA.

Guhle, Farrell and the Habs 2025 1st rounder to Calgary, for the 9OA and next year's other Calgary 1st rounder.

5th OA, 25th OA, Harris to Chicago for the 2OA.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Bedard 5'10 Moore 5'11 Nazar 5'10 Demidov 5'11

Hockey_Player_Smurf_Patch.jpg

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
One option that we're not talking about much is Levshunov.

I feel there's a good chance Celebrini, Demidov and Lindstrom aren't available at 5. Then Columbus would probably go Levshunov, but they might prefer Silayev because of the upsides. At that point you're sort of forced to take Levshunov, no? RHD is still a need.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
One option that we're not talking about much is Levshunov.

I feel there's a good chance Celebrini, Demidov and Lindstrom aren't available at 5. Then Columbus would probably go Levshunov, but they might prefer Silayev because of the upsides. At that point you're sort of forced to take Levshunov, no? RHD is still a need.

He won't get passed Anaheim if Chicago doesn't take him. They have a big need on RD and he's pretty consistently seen in the top 3

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Where did you read that ?

That kind of skill and competitiveness, in that frame is very, very enticing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad