• Iginla

• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
For Sennecke? Lol, that must be a joke. I've watched Sennecke vids and wasn't impressed. If you say Lindstrom or Demidov I could agree. But Iginla is just fine with me, I like him a lot. The vids I watched if Iginla the opposite teams were better than Demidov. It seems like Demidov can skate thru traffic so easy in his league, it's far from nhl's reality. Iginla played in a league that looks more like nhl (rink size, physical play, etc).
I must say, yours is the first account that I’ve seen on this forum, that dismisses Sennecke.

Have you seen some other forward that would be a good grab in the 11-15 pick range?

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
For Sennecke? Lol, that must be a joke. I've watched Sennecke vids and wasn't impressed. If you say Lindstrom or Demidov I could agree. But Iginla is just fine with me, I like him a lot. The vids I watched if Iginla the opposite teams were better than Demidov. It seems like Demidov can skate thru traffic so easy in his league, it's far from nhl's reality. Iginla played in a league that looks more like nhl (rink size, physical play, etc).

It's important to remember, the prospects aren't being judged how they would look in the NHL tomorrow, but predicting how they would look in the NHL years from now.

Makar played in a Junior A hockey league his draft year.... as an example.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
It's important to remember, the prospects aren't being judged how they would look in the NHL tomorrow, but predicting how they would look in the NHL years from now.

Makar played in a Junior A hockey league his draft year.... as an example.
Yes Makar is a perfect example for Demidov. He was way too good for the AJHL but teams were worried that he was dominant because the skill level in that league was subpar. Similar situation with Demidov, he is way too good for the MHL but at the sametime he is next level dominant, best prospect ever at his age in the MHL.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yes Makar is a perfect example for Demidov. He was way too good for the AJHL but teams were worried that he was dominant because the skill level in that league was subpar. Similar situation with Demidov, he is way too good for the MHL but at the sametime he is next level dominant, best prospect ever at his age in the MHL.

Demidov is Demidov. Makar is Makar.

The reason scouts were leery of Makar is because many have put up big numbers in the past in lower leagues, only to not be NHL stars. So there are examples both ways.

I'm not saying Demidov won't be a star in the NHL. I'm just saying, just because he put up big numbers in a lower league, doesn't alone mean he will.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
I don't really see the upside in trading down a few spots.

When you can draft your guy this high in the draft, especially when the difference between players isn’t as big, you just pick your guy at your spot.

Whoever they take, even if its seems too high, they should just take at 5th unless it’s a really surprising name.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I don't really see the upside in trading down a few spots.

When you can draft your guy this high in the draft, especially when the difference between players isn’t as big, you just pick your guy at your spot.

Whoever they take, even if its seems too high, they should just take at 5th unless it’s a really surprising name.
Yes, this is why it's hard to move up to 4th, 3rd or 2nd from 5th.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Draft Iginla and enjoy his hall of fame career playing on the wing of a perfect complimentary center in Dach. This should be the easiest drafting decision we have ever made. Perfect fit for our team, outstanding player. Will never be as flashy as Demidov or imposing as Lindstrom, but I believe he will be the most effective forward of the three. 40-goal per season averages with constant in-your-face-type hockey is what we are getting with Iginla. A force every single time he is on the ice. Best goal scorer of his draft class.

Reactions: cphabs

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Draft Iginla and enjoy his hall of fame career playing on the wing of a perfect complimentary center in Dach. This should be the easiest drafting decision we have ever made. Perfect fit for our team, outstanding player. Will never be as flashy as Demidov or imposing as Lindstrom, but I believe he will be the most effective forward of the three. 40-goal per season averages with constant in-your-face-type hockey is what we are getting with Iginla. A force every single time he is on the ice. Best goal scorer of his draft class.

It's feeling like Lindstrom, Iginla, or Sennecke...

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
It's feeling like Lindstrom, Iginla, or Sennecke...
I think it's between Iginla, Lindstrom, and Demidov. Sennecke, while being a great player, is not in consideration with us having pick 5. If we had dropped to 7, then yes, he may have been a possibility if the other 3 had been picked.

Chicago, Anaheim and CLB could all be picking D-men. I would not be surprised if the top three forwards (aside from Macklin) are in play at 5. I hope and pray Iginla is our pick, but in any case, we are 100% getting a great forward prospect.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
On the main board mock draft, it looks like the Blue Jackets Forum has voted for Lindstrom meaning that the first 4 picks would be

1- Celebrini
2- Demidov
3- Levshunov
4. Lindstrom

We're up next.

In that situation I'd be more than likely voting for Iginla, but i'm really struggling as i'm also considering Catton and Sennecke.

Reactions: Rozz and Gustave

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member

In that situation I'd be more than likely voting for Iginla, but i'm really struggling as i'm also considering Catton and Sennecke.
IMG_1481.jpeg

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
We have a ton of picks so we don’t really
Need to trade down. I’d rather stay at 5 even if Lindstrom is gone and just take who we want.

We don't need to trade down but picking Iginla/Sennecke at 5 is a bit too rich. Now if the trade down options look like you dont get either of them when you trade down, you just don't do it.

The goal would be to trade down a few spots get Sennecke/Iginla anyways, and have enough ammunition in this draft to trade up and get one of the fallers.

It's possible you could snag Iginla and Catton in that scenario.

On the main board mock draft, it looks like the Blue Jackets Forum has voted for Lindstrom meaning that the first 4 picks would be

1- Celebrini
2- Demidov
3- Levshunov
4. Lindstrom

We're up next.

I'm gonna vote Catton, but it really doesn't seem like Silayev is falling out of the top 4. CBJ fans are coping.

Reactions: Rozz and FrankMTL

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think it's between Iginla, Lindstrom, and Demidov. Sennecke, while being a great player, is not in consideration with us having pick 5. If we had dropped to 7, then yes, he may have been a possibility if the other 3 had been picked.

Chicago, Anaheim and CLB could all be picking D-men. I would not be surprised if the top three forwards (aside from Macklin) are in play at 5. I hope and pray Iginla is our pick, but in any case, we are 100% getting a great forward prospect.

I think Demodov goes before 5. But last year I thought Michkov would, and he didn't. But clearly there were issues that scared teams away with Michkov that aren't factors with Demidov.

Last edited:

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Demidov is amazingly exciting as a prospect, but there are many reasons why he may be available at 5, or beyond.

1. Not overly physical, or imposing. Will he be able to dipsy-doodle around NHL defensemen? Will he Marner himself as an outside passer?
2. Russian factor. No major contract issue like Michkov, but still coming from a different culture and a country at war. Is he going to fit in?
3. Great D-men are available in this draft (Buium, Dickinson, Yak, Parekh, Silayev, Levshunov), and many teams in front us need them. Building your D first is a better rebuilding strategy IMO.
4. Injury concerns. Two major injuries this season. Is it bad luck or a pattern?

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Lindstrom that big power center in mold of a Markov or MacKinnon. Doubt he's there at 5. Many teams looking for them
Do you mean Barkov?

Lindstrom that big power center in mold of a Markov or MacKinnon. Doubt he's there at 5. Many teams looking for them
Don't think Lindstrom is near Mack or Barkov in terms of skills or hockey IQ.

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Lindstrom that big power center in mold of a Barkov or MacKinnon. Doubt he's there at 5. Many teams looking for them
Or Logan Brown.

We can see that he's big center. But how good is he is what makes someone a good pick, mediocre, or bust, not their position or playing style in Junior.

Reactions: Naslund

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I think Demodov goes before 5. But last year I thought Michkov would, amd he didn't. But clearly there were issues that scared teams away with Michkov that aren't factors with Demidov.

Demidov is under contract next season with the same club as Michkov that has close ties to Putin and Russia is still at war and incredibly corrupt. I would say there are many similarities between the two situations albeit of slightly less concern in Demidov's case.

GM's do not like these unpredictable risk factors and it will take some galvanized nuts to call out his name before the Habs pick with so many great young D available who GM's just happen to greedily reach for early in the draft.

It is one thing for fans on message boards to make bold proclamations of a prospects superiority but it is an entirely different beast to have your job on the line when doing so. Passing on a player who turns out to be a star and you still draft a really good player is far more forgiving than to draft a player that doesn't work out and you miss out on a good player. It is also easier to sell a D man as a great player when he doesn't produce a ton of offence but is very difficult to do so with a forward.......this is part of the reason that GM's love their dmen at the draft.

Last edited:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Or Logan Brown.

We can see that he's big center. But how good is he is what makes someone a good pick, mediocre, or bust, not their position or playing style in Junior.
Logan Brown? He never had no hands. Terrible comparison to Lindstrom. Brown scored .4 goals per game his draft. Lindstrom .9 goals per game. Not even close

Reactions: Pat Riot

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Demidov is under contract next season with the same club as Michkov that has close ties to Putin and Russia is still at war and incredibly corrupt. I would say there are many similarities between the two situations albeit of slightly less concern in Demidov's case.

GM's do not like these unpredictable risk factors and it will take some galvanized nuts to call out his name before the Habs pick with so many great young D available who GM's just happen to greedily reach for early in the draft.

It is one thing for fans on message boards to make bold proclamations of a prospects superiority but it is entirely a different beast to have your job on the line when doing so. Passing on a player who turns out to be a star and you still draft a really good player is far more forgiving than to draft a player that doesn't work out and you miss out on a good player. It is also easier to sell a D man as a great player when he doesn't produce a ton of offence but is very difficult to do so with a forward.......this is part of the reason that GM's love their dmen at the draft.
Great post.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Logan Brown? He never had no hands. Terrible comparison to Lindstrom. Brown scored .4 goals per game his draft. Lindstrom .9 goals per game. Not even close
take your pick from a long list. The most likely players to bust in the first round are big centers.

Remember our very own Chad Kilger, 3rd overall pick, scored 42 goals in 65 games his draft year...

It is one thing for fans on message boards to make bold proclamations of a prospects superiority but it is entirely a different beast to have your job on the line when doing so. Passing on a player who turns out to be a star and you still draft a really good player is far more forgiving than to draft a player that doesn't work out and you miss out on a good player. It is also easier to sell a D man as a great player when he doesn't produce a ton of offence but is very difficult to do so with a forward.......this is part of the reason that GM's love their dmen at the draft.

I suspect the issues with Michkov that kept HuGo away were attitude and that he's undersized and not that fast, and apparently these aren't concerns with Demidov. The scouts didn't seem too impressed with his game compared to Reinbacher in the pre-draft discussions released in the video, despite Gorton double and triple checking.

I've seen you post before saying you think he will drop. We'll see come draft day. I'm interested to see what the draft conversations are about the different prospects. But I don't have a dog in the race. I like that HuGo have drafted well so far. So I'll be really interested to see who they pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: Naslund

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Lindstrom that big power center in mold of a Barkov or MacKinnon. Doubt he's there at 5. Many teams looking for them

I love Lindstrom and hope he falls to us. But he ain’t on Barkov/Mackinnon planet.

If he reachs is potential, he’s prime Jamie Benn.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I must say, yours is the first account that I’ve seen on this forum, that dismisses Sennecke.

Have you seen some other forward that would be a good grab in the 11-15 pick range?
11-15 pick, ok that's better. I was misreading he would be 2nd pick, ahead of all the others we are taliking about. If by any circomstances Habs pick Iginla and Eisermann I would jump in the air. If by luck Eisermann drop that low.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Demidov is Demidov. Makar is Makar.

The reason scouts were leery of Makar is because many have put up big numbers in the past in lower leagues, only to not be NHL stars. So there are examples both ways.

I'm not saying Demidov won't be a star in the NHL. I'm just saying, just because he put up big numbers in a lower league, doesn't alone mean he will.
Yes, many examples both ways. We have to consider it. It depends how the player will react with better opposition. So this is a question mark. But others don't have these question marks, they might not dominate their leagues as much but the projection in nhl in a 3 years future is more accurate. Once again, I trust this management for the next pick, like the 2 previous years.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yes, many examples both ways. We have to consider it. It depends how the player will react with better opposition. So this is a question mark. But others don't have these question marks, they might not dominate their leagues as much but the projection in nhl in a 3 years future is more accurate. Once again, I trust this management for the next pick, like the 2 previous years.
How will you feel if they pick Sennecke?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad