• Catton

• Iginla

• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
And those odds diminish even more for the teams that pick 6th and 7th….it’s not like we are the only team that’s effected by the odds system.

Can’t wait for the 7th in the evening so we can have real debate on who we should pick at a set spot!!
Yes, it will be nice to know our spot. Really looking forward to the 7th.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Demidov’s knee means that getting Lindstrom is less likely. Unless we stay put and 2-4 go D. Iginla does have a wicked shot though and good hands and brains. If he was faster he’d be a no brainer.
At the U18 Championship , Iginla has shown that he has more than enough skating ability to be an impact player at the NHL level. The fact that he is one of the youngest players eligible in this upcoming draft may boost him into the top 5.

This kid’s skill set (shooting, play making, skating and compete level) is impressive.

We could do worse than taking him at 5 OA.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Maybe Hughes does like the American kid, Eiserman?

You need to score goals to win games.

We need goals.

Seems pretty simple... draft Eiserman.

1714581577200.png

1714581606330.png

Last edited:

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
If I die before the draft and Habs pick Silayev, please guys, don't wake me up, I don't want to live and watch Silayev becoming a Habs, please.
No, we (HFHabs) will collectively use necromancy to force you to watch him on the Habs. You’re not getting away that easy, if I had to endure the 98-99 season you’re enduring Silayev.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Maybe Hughes does like the American kid, Eiserman?

You need to score goals to win games.

We need goals.

Seems pretty simple... draft Eiserman.

View attachment 863061

View attachment 863062
I like his floor and his ceiling.
Personally I think his worst case scenario is that he develops into a perimeter player in the vein of Pacioretty/Hoffman that'll play in the top 6 and is good for 25-30 goals each season.

But if he rounds out his game and continues to develop then I could see him potentially being a 50 goal/80+ point guy down the road.

DiglettDangles

Feb 15, 2020
Montreal
If anything that article makes me want him less.
Strongly dislike the "I know best" impression I am left with, that he's satisfied with his improvements away from the puck (he shouldn't) and he's not gonna change for no one (will he even be coachable? does he have the desire to improve?). His answers are full of shortcuts, like what he is doing now will obviously translate at the NHL level.
I obviously can't extrapolate anything at this point but similar traits were reported on Kotkaniemi once he left MTL.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If anything that article makes me want him less.
Strongly dislike the "I know best" impression I am left with, that he's satisfied with his improvements away from the puck (he shouldn't) and he's not gonna change for no one (will he even be coachable? does he have the desire to improve?). His answers are full of shortcuts, like what he is doing now will obviously translate at the NHL level.
I obviously can't extrapolate anything at this point but similar traits were reported on Kotkaniemi once he left MTL.

Not the first time he's said he thinks his two way game is good.

He's not our pick.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
We are more likely to pick 5th than 7th but 6th is the outcome with the greatest odds. We actually have better odds of getting a top two pick than we do of picking 7th

And.....I don't want to hear a single whimper out of any superstitious "mystic" types that our past factors into the odds and we are due to drop to 7 lol.
Every time you take a flight the odds start anew.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
To me, Tij Iginla looks like a perfect fit for Habs. He have legit star potential in him. I see 30-40 goalscorer at NHL level with great two-way game.

I really want one of Celebrini, Demidov, Lindstrom or Iginla, even Catton with that high pick.

Apr 28, 2010
Not a fan of Eiserman. Same reason I didn't like Will Smith last year.

I want someone that "got that dog" in him. Lindstrom or Iginla fit the bill, imo.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
All depends where they end up in the lottery order, but right now, my bet is they’re taking Iginla. Goal scorer with bloodlines, strong physical kid, extremely good attitude. And they’ve met with him a half dozen times already… One of the youngest players in the draft as well. If he’s anything like the old man, we will have hit a massive home run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad