Value of: Siegenthaler (WSH)

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
He's probably the least mobile and least comfortable with the puck on his stick amongst the Caps blueliners so his contributions aren't appreciated and his shortcomings are more visible. He's a young defensive defenseman who is learning the ropes on a Cup quality team so the patience with him is thinner than it should be. He also shows a low hockey IQ from time to time and when he does the mistakes are really noticeable.

I think another factor is the Caps are stacked with LHD -- Christian Djoos should be on an NHL roster but he's buried in Hershey -- and there is a total love affair with Martin Fehervary so people are waiting for Siegs to make a mistake so they can make the plea for Fever.

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
Caps are absolutely flush with LD right now. Orlov, Kempny, and Sieg. Two blue chip prospects in Fehervary and Alexeev playing top 4 min as rookyies in the AHL. Also have Johansen and Djoos in Hershey.

Will be interesting to see what Bmac does this off-season as they cant keep them all.

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
Jonas is getting the nod because Djoos is a little bit too expensive (though for sure shouldn't be playing AHL) and the feel must be that Feher needs more experience. Alexeyev will absolutely get a shot soon as well, he's the future of Caps blue line. Siegs has been OK, probably on a par with Jensen for me who has been disappointing so far this season. He's not a bad player, but I'd also be comfortable moving him for an offence prospect, just because Caps are stacked in his position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad