sidney crosby- get him on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
i was wondering if ESPN might try and get a crew in to rimouski for a game to see crosby (put it on ESPN2). i know that they did it w/lebron james a bunch of times, and i guess basketball has a bigger following than hockey does... but...i think they'd get pretty decent ratings if they hyped it up. i'd really like to see this kid play, but i don't think i plan to head up to canada anytime soon :joker:

Les Zarbites

neelynugs said:
i was wondering if ESPN might try and get a crew in to rimouski for a game to see crosby (put it on ESPN2). i know that they did it w/lebron james a bunch of times, and i guess basketball has a bigger following than hockey does... but...i think they'd get pretty decent ratings if they hyped it up. i'd really like to see this kid play, but i don't think i plan to head up to canada anytime soon :joker:

They showed a game over here in Quebec tonight. He scored a Mike Legg goal from behind the net and got 2 G 4 A for 6 pts :p :yo:

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
mecca13 said:
Good luck. ESPN2 wouldn't even cover the Heritage Classic.

For the umpteenth time, ESPN could not show the game due to contractual reasons.

That said, ESPN wouldn't show a Crosby game even if they could. Only die hard hockey fans in America know who he is. It just wouldn't be worth it for them.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
i dunno. America was semi-interested in that 14 year old soccer player who signed with the MLS.... it couldnt hurt...

Hitman*

Teemu08 said:
i dunno. America was semi-interested in that 14 year old soccer player who signed with the MLS.... it couldnt hurt...

But he's an American. How many Canadians really care who he is? Just the soccer fans. It might seem bad, but its just the way it is.

If Crosby were American then he'd get a lot more exposure down there, but since he's not, casual fans won't care.

devilsfan26

Jul 10, 2003
Iselin/Piscataway NJ
neelynugs said:

:lol: BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Do you realize what you are asking for????? There is no possible way espn would ever think of doing such a thing.

I doubt they'll ever even mention his name on sportscenter before he gets drafted.
shakemitkopf.gif
Such a shame, but that's how espn chooses to treat us hockey fans. :mad:

evman150*

neelynugs said:

Bugger espn, I want a Canadian tv network to show some Rimouski Oceanic games. Perhaps one against Cape Breton. Then I can see both Crosby and Ramholt play. That would be damn sweet.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
evman150 said:
Bugger espn, I want a Canadian tv network to show some Rimouski Oceanic games. Perhaps one against Cape Breton. Then I can see both Crosby and Ramholt play. That would be damn sweet.

i would pay to watch him on TV

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
evman150 said:
Last time they played again'st each other Ramholt smoked him and Crosby was invisable for the rest of the game.

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
devilsfan26 said:
:lol: BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Do you realize what you are asking for????? There is no possible way espn would ever think of doing such a thing.

I doubt they'll ever even mention his name on sportscenter before he gets drafted.
shakemitkopf.gif

This thread is probably on the wrong board, but since you guys are insisting....

"ESPN would never think" - wait for it. He has already made Sports Illustrated a couple of times; he is going to start breaking rookie records shortly; last night was the first time I saw a sports reporter talk about challenging Lemieux's 280 point season record; he scored a highlight reel Mike Legg goal last night that has already been picked up by both national networks in Canada last night.

It is still early, and I have been one of the cautious ones challenging the hype - but he is for real, this is going to get better and bigger, and the story is going to sell in the States even if they have to twist it to give credit to Shattucks where he played last year.

like I said - wait for it. This kid is maybe not the best prospect since Lemieux but he is sure as hell going to be the biggest story.

Muddy Wilbury

Flyers Fan in Ottawa
Apr 3, 2002
Ottawa, ON.
Habsolution said:
They showed a game over here in Quebec tonight. He scored a Mike Legg goal from behind the net and got 2 G 4 A for 6 pts :p :yo:

did you see when they showed a simalar move he pulled of in practice?.....un-bleeping-believeable!!!

later, dutch

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
dutch said:
did you see when they showed a simalar move he pulled of in practice?.....un-bleeping-believeable!!!

later, dutch

I remember seeing that, on TSN....he swooped it up, turned around and fired it in the net.

AMAZING!!!!!!

I've only seen one other guy that can do it, Mike Hengen, plays in the WHL.

I tried it, and can do it, just hitting the net, is impossible, and its slow.

TJF

Feb 27, 2002
London, ON
Visit site
I think if ESPN ever decided to do it, it defintely wouldn't happen this year simply because there's over a year left before he's actually drafted into the NHL. There's a better chance of them hyping him up next season during his draft year than there is now just like what they did with Lebron James.

Cariboux

Sep 8, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
neelynugs said:

We live in a great city, you would do a very good trip. Come in Rimouski to see him and there is a lot of beautiful girls :bow:

:handclap:

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
dutch said:

later, dutch

I saw some highlights of him going one on one vs a defenseman at a team Canada practice(not sure which one). The moves he made against a bigger and older guy...I've never seen anything like it before. And you know that he's getting his points while seeing the opposing team's bext defensive pairing and best defensive checkers. He's not surprising anyone.

His control with the puck is incredible. The imagination is the other part of this to factor in.

C Bass

Oct 4, 2002
Red Deer
Visit site
Fedz said:
I remember seeing that, on TSN....he swooped it up, turned around and fired it in the net.

AMAZING!!!!!!

I've only seen one other guy that can do it, Mike Hengen, plays in the WHL.

I tried it, and can do it, just hitting the net, is impossible, and its slow.

Anyone have a link to this? I saw it too, but I want to see it again.

Foster

Oct 15, 2003
Fredericton
Hitman said:
But he's an American. How many Canadians really care who he is? Just the soccer fans. It might seem bad, but its just the way it is.

If Crosby were American then he'd get a lot more exposure down there, but since he's not, casual fans won't care.

But did the soccer kid originally coem from Africa, now he calls America home.

All we need now is for him to sign a shoe contract and buy a Hummer. Opps he is in Quebec anyone can get one. (refering to the 16 year old age at bars)

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
Foster said:
But did the soccer kid originally coem from Africa, now he calls America home.

All we need now is for him to sign a shoe contract and buy a Hummer. Opps he is in Quebec anyone can get one. (refering to the 16 year old age at bars)

it's 18 years old fool

RI Canuck

Aug 23, 2003
Rhode Island
Visit site
devilsfan26 said:

shakemitkopf.gif

You're asking ESPN, a network that barely shows any hockey, to show a junior team play? Roughly 100 people here even in the U.S. know what junior hockey is. Even though I would be willing to pay for a few games, I guess I can look foward to hockey getting the shaft and sitting back to watch Scrabble tournaments beacuse that's where the real action is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad