TSN Radio Shuffle at TSN 1050 (Toronto Sports Media thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I'm not sure I have an issue with his content, it is more with his presentation. That should improve over time.

He does seem to have a large chip on his shoulder though, yes I know the history, but as a listener, I don't want that to be part of the show.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
I'm not sure I have an issue with his content, it is more with his presentation. That should improve over time.

He does seem to have a large chip on his shoulder though, yes I know the history, but as a listener, I don't want that to be part of the show.

I agree that his knowledge is good enough to stay with TSN. But, LL is definitely not right for his personality. I like him on the pre-game show. Maybe he'd be good as a 5 minute phone-in guest like Dreger. But definitely no TV appearances or forum/show where he has extended time to ad-lib or get personal. That's when his humourless personality (doesn't) shine through. He needs to be following a script.

forecheck

May 14, 2007
Has there been a more hated personality in such a short time... Hated by most listeners and likely hated by his co workers... Yesterday he dismissed the analytics community once again... Let it go POS, you dont agree with analytics, we get it ..

Not a person who should be in the public eye in my opinion..

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
That does give him an insight that the vast majority of fans will never have.

Perhaps. I'd say that in several different sports I've noticed that the absolutely worst analysists in big spots tend to be old professionals.

If someone like that talked about the experience of being a player in the NHL, I listen. If the topic is something beyond that, I judge them on the merits of their arguments. POS has a tendency to have very, very stupid arguments, as highlighted by some of the quotes in this thread.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

everyone knows the horrible **** he went through, doesnt mean you have to like him on the radio though. If his experiences have made him bitter and negative that's understandable doesnt mean he deserves a radio co host gig. His voice is not good for radio, he is arrogant and he is consistently a POS (funnily enough) to other guests, the host and other media members even fans. I cant stand him and change the station as soon as i hear his boring monotone voice

forecheck

May 14, 2007
everyone knows the horrible **** he went through, doesnt mean you have to like him on the radio though. If his experiences have made him bitter and negative that's understandable doesnt mean he deserves a radio co host gig. His voice is not good for radio, he is arrogant and he is consistently a POS (funnily enough) to other guests, the host and other media members even fans. I cant stand him and change the station as soon as i hear his boring monotone voice

Completely agree with you

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto

Just a reminder of a fact about his background. I just wanted to humanize the provocateur. Guys like this are there to entertain and provoke emotional reactions like I'm seeing in this thread.

forecheck

May 14, 2007
Just a reminder of a fact about his background. I just wanted to humanize the provocateur. Guys like this are there to entertain and provoke emotional reactions like I'm seeing in this thread.

WOW - I didn't know POS was such a smart guy that he could manipulate us that way..

I bet he is just such a pleasure to be around when he is not on the air..

I feel so stupid now!

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Has there been a more hated personality in such a short time... Hated by most listeners and likely hated by his co workers... Yesterday he dismissed the analytics community once again... Let it go POS, you dont agree with analytics, we get it ..

Not a person who should be in the public eye in my opinion..

It's almost like you're describing Steve Simmons!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

but walshy is right.
I think everyone knows (or is aware) that he had a bad childhood and a lot of issues.

that doesn't mean you still have to like him. you can be sympathetic/empathic, and still not like what he puts out there.

it's like Anthem Girl. the #1 thing you read about why you can't comment why don't like her, is because she's 15. So? If she was on a talent show, would you say the same thing? I've heard people call CHL players bums etc and they are 16-19 years old. Criticism (regardless of age/past) is not a bad thing. you don't get exempt from it because you had a bad (horrible in PoS's case) childhood. He's a jerkhead on the air. Do better. I don't like how Anthem Girl sings the Anthem. it doesn't mean I don't appreciate her talent (I do. she's v. talented) but I'd rather someone else. she doesn't get a pass on that (or any other critique) because she's 15.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
i am seriously going to end up quitting leafs lunch.
what else is on at noon?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
i am seriously going to end up quitting leafs lunch.
what else is on at noon?

You could read a book if you have nothing else to do. That's always fun.

Leafs Lunch is done, it's completely cooked. They had a reasonably popular show and ripped it apart and filled it with people nobody can stand to listen to for an hour. If you can't identify talent then you pretty much deserve to fall on your sword.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Lol. What broke the camels back?

Also as far as sports talk goes I'm pretty sure the only other noon show is hockey central.

that's what I figured which isn't Leafs centred so that's sucky.

It was just more of - they were talking about why Babcock doesn't put Will + Auston together. and Babcock literally just stated a while ago it's because Will is a shooter and Auston is a shooter, - and he specified an example that there was a moment where Will had the puck for ages (yay) but it's a waste of Auston's ice time effectiveness if he doesn't even touch it. (and Marner/And Auston aren't together because obviously they both drive their own lines).

What does Andi say?
"oh well it's because Nylander's crap defensively" and everyone's agreeing with it. and it's like. No. it's not. like (yes i know that Babs said that earlier, but his defense hasn't been an issue for a while now) and so i tweeted them and i'm like well no this is what Babcock said, and ignored, but they felt the need to CSI (and read tweets) based on if the LCBO is open or not.

like. get a clue.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
that's what I figured which isn't Leafs centred so that's sucky.

It was just more of - they were talking about why Babcock doesn't put Will + Auston together. and Babcock literally just stated a while ago it's because Will is a shooter and Auston is a shooter, - and he specified an example that there was a moment where Will had the puck for ages (yay) but it's a waste of Auston's ice time effectiveness if he doesn't even touch it. (and Marner/And Auston aren't together because obviously they both drive their own lines).

What does Andi say?
"oh well it's because Nylander's crap defensively" and everyone's agreeing with it. and it's like. No. it's not. like (yes i know that Babs said that earlier, but his defense hasn't been an issue for a while now) and so i tweeted them and i'm like well no this is what Babcock said, and ignored, but they felt the need to CSI (and read tweets) based on if the LCBO is open or not.

like. get a clue.

You want to hear another get a clue moment? OMG, it's not related to LL but, get this... People here think Jake Gardiner sucks and should be traded, I know I know, but, get this... They don't even read all the data that proves them completely wrong when it gets linked for them. I am talking hard data, facts and references to things the coach has said about him. It's amazing right, it's like Nylander and Gardiner are whipping boys here. Crazy world!

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
Just podcast. I find enough hockey content to get me by. I gave up on Leafs Lunch when Petrillo took over.

Was about to say the same. I listen to:
Bobs podcast (bobcast) if you are in the mood for NHL Q&A.
The Leaf Report (mirtle & Jonas) short but very good. Pretty much all leafs.
James Duthie's new podcast
Steve Dangles podcast, long but entertaining. Seems like a lot less leaf conversations now that they do 1 hour on Sportsnet.

Jeepman89*

Oct 10, 2015
Was about to say the same. I listen to:
Bobs podcast (bobcast) if you are in the mood for NHL Q&A.
The Leaf Report (mirtle & Jonas) short but very good. Pretty much all leafs.
James Duthie's new podcast
Steve Dangles podcast, long but entertaining. Seems like a lot less leaf conversations now that they do 1 hour on Sportsnet.

ok dude

Alfie

Nov 5, 2016
Rip Leafs Lunch as much as you can cause you know POS reads these comments. I can't bare to listen to that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad