WWE: Should WWE permanently move Wrestlemania date?

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Now that it looks like WWE will have to postpone the show, I was wondering whether WWE should just do it in summer from now on, permanently. Why? Because doing it in summer opens up more cities as possible locations because weather will KP longer be a big factor.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
WWE makes up WM attendance all the time anyways. There's always thousands of tickets available leading up to the event. Then...surprise!! Suddenly it's "Sold out".

And they will cancel otherwise risk having 5k people at best show up.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't see why they have to. WM is a perfect combo to the Rumble. The Rumble becomes a lot different w/o the Mania season. So i would say no.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I like the timing of it. Royal Rumble in winter flows into Wrestlemania in the spring, which pretty much approximates when leagues like the NHL and the NBA are ending their seasons, and then Summerslam follows in the Summer to set the tone for the rest of the year if booking is good. Delaying Wrestlemania would necessitate moving Royal Rumble to spring and would kill off Summerslam.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
This is gonna be extremely strange to see. A random Smackdown is one thing where they basically showed a lot of highlights and had a few matches. But holding Wrestlemania there is a bold move.

Reactions: David71

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
This is gonna be extremely strange to see. A random Smackdown is one thing where they basically showed a lot of highlights and had a few matches. But holding Wrestlemania there is a bold move.

It will be months and months before large crowds are allowed again. TSN had stated for hockey that it could be up to 4-6 months and even then there would probably be no fans allowed. It's impossible to know when though as it's all speculation. The fact was it was either cancel it completely or find another option. As a wrestling fan I'm just happy we continue to get live shows every week. They could have easily gone the way of every other sport out there and suspended it indefinitely. So Kudos to Vince and everyone else for continuing this.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
That is by far the best solution, and even include the traditional attendance figure lie. 67,000 fans jam packed in the CORE of the SUNSHINE STATE!
That, or WWE in a strange way, can brag about having the lowest attended WrestleMania in history. #1 both ways baby.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
That, or WWE in a strange way, can brag about having the lowest attended WrestleMania in history. #1 both ways baby.

That's right, tune in for the most INTIMATE Wrestlemania ever! You can hear a pin drop with all the twists and turns at WWE's showcase event!

tenor.gif

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
^^ I cannot even FATHOM business implications. I would absolutely love to see the lead of a project like WM being cancelled. Vendors beyond vendors beyond vendors. Agreements after agreements. I cannot even begin to fathom what that looks like.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
I guess if there was one occasion to test the two night Mania, this would be it.

I hope Transplanted Caper is right and we get to see Gronk playing it up to the zeros of fans in attendance.

CoyoteUgly

Feb 11, 2004
What do you guys think of Wrestlemania happening? I do applaud the WWE, even though it's not ideal to have an empty arena, they are at least doing their best to keep the fans entertained, and so Thank You for that.

But it just seems that they are just throwing random matches in there without a story build up. I just think the fans and the wrestlers themselves deserve better.

If Drew was going to end up winning, then he doesn't get his Wrestlemania Moment

Just curious to what other people think

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
What do you guys think of Wrestlemania happening? I do applaud the WWE, even though it's not ideal to have an empty arena, they are at least doing their best to keep the fans entertained, and so Thank You for that.

But it just seems that they are just throwing random matches in there without a story build up. I just think the fans and the wrestlers themselves deserve better.

If Drew was going to end up winning, then he doesn't get his Wrestlemania Moment

Just curious to what other people think

There's some funny hand wringing and moralizing out there but it's likely still going to suck whether they put the show on or not. I don't have an issue with WWE going ahead with the show (for now) but I don't think that there is any way for it to be good even with competent booking.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sure, they could've canceled, but they're probably going to need the content to air if they can't keep taping. The tapings ended with the Raw after Wrestlemania, thinking they'll be allowed to continue on April 9 (which they likely won't).

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
They definitely should have. Could of moved it in the SummerSlam slot and have SummerSlam a month later.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It is such a damn weird time as a wrestling fan. I'm more turned off that they are still filming. I know why... but everything shut down. Stop. Just stop for a bit.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They are done filming right now. There is a stay-at-home order for Orlando that is scheduled through April 9, but you know how that goes by now, it'll be extended. They filmed only through Raw next week.

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
With the world we are living in right now, how the heck are they handling refunds? They are still having the event but people come from various countries and probably bought the packages WWE offers. We are thankful to have something new to watch but I don't know if it's worth it to go through all this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad