Should/will Miika Kiprusoff be a HHOFer?

Do you think Kiprusoff should be in the HHOF, and will he?

• Total voters

dalewood12

Oct 9, 2017
Maybe it's my east coast bias, but I was surprised he even got his jersey retired by Calgary.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
He was the best goalie in the world for 3 years so maybe if the hall decides to let goalies in. They been stingy lately but they did induct Barrasso finally.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
His overall stats don't really show how good he was. I think he was the Flames best player for about 7 years, no offence to Iginla. The Flames were a pretty mediocre team overall during his time there. He made them talked about as a potential Cup contender for a few years. He was one of the most dominating goalies I can remember when he was hot. He probably will not make it but skill and talent wise he is definitely Hall of Fame level.

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
Talent wise he's probably one of the best to ever play net. His peak was some of the best goaltending ever, but even then I think he'll fall short based on goalies have a hard time getting in and his career wasn't exactly "long" enough.

Reactions: DaveG

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Was the best goalie in the world for a couple of years, a Mike Vernon was never in the discussion. Barrasso neither really. Pre-2023 I would have understood leaving Kiprusoff out, but not anymore.

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I didn't think he had a chance, but if Vernon or Barrasso are in, Kipper is above those guys. Heck, he's more deserving than MAF who's likely getting in.

I still doubt he actually gets in, but he has a better case with some more questionable goalies inducted

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
He's one of the worst in or one of the best not in. Seeing as the HOF has high standards for goaltenders I doubt he ever gets in.

played 7 x 70+ game seasons in a row
just 1 fewer what Marty Brodeur

Kipper had better stats, Marty had more wins
(in that span)

Kipper to the HHOF will be one of the easiest things ever

LOL...

Are you trying to argue that Kipper is on the same tier as Brodeur?

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Hall of fame talent, all time great peak, vezija trophy, playoff performer, albeit short career.

Yes coming from a Canucks fan

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Over all wins 31st all time

With guys like Coju not in the Hall--Kippers climb is harder. Kipper had a one great year and a couple of good years. He falls into the Ron Hexstall catagory.

HE might make it in the vet category in 30 years

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He is easily good enough, but HHoF emphasizes longevity so much that he probably won't get in.

WingsFan95

Mar 22, 2008
Kanata
No and no. He had a solid 8 year stretch but it included limited playoff performance and by solid I don't mean amazing.

Beezer and Joseph are still out last I checked, freaking how is he above Hextall come to think of it?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
No and no. He had a solid 8 year stretch but it included limited playoff performance and by solid I don't mean amazing.

Beezer and Joseph are still out last I checked, freaking how is he above Hextall come to think of it?

He has seven top 10 Vezina finishes vs Hextalls three, also has three nominations to Hextalls one.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Goalie inductions are still weird. Some of the guys that had the best peaks also had incredibly short peaks due to how difficult it is to crack a roster at the position. Peak value wise Kipper and Tim Thomas should easily be in, but they didn't have careers as starters that the guys that vote on this usually consider long enough. It's basically the equivalent of debating if Tim Lincecum should be in the baseball HOF because his peak was just THAT high and dominant.

The Scorpion save was named after his unique save.
- that term is still used today.
Rene Higuita?

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Goalie inductions are still weird. Some of the guys that had the best peaks also had incredibly short peaks due to how difficult it is to crack a roster at the position. Peak value wise Kipper and Tim Thomas should easily be in, but they didn't have careers as starters that the guys that vote on this usually consider long enough. It's basically the equivalent of debating if Tim Lincecum should be in the baseball HOF because his peak was just THAT high and dominant.
Kiprusoff was a starter for 10 years and 576 games, compared to Vernon or even Hašek it's not that much different.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad