Should we be upset over NJ choice?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I am personally happy with either.

We are extremely lucky to be in this position thanks to the lottery.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Are Nico and Nolan that close that we will just take one over the other without any preference over either one?

Or is Nico that far ahead of Nolan, that we should be upset if NJ takes Nico? (or vice versa?)

I get upset over the most pointless things on a nearly constant basis, but even I can't think of a reason to be upset about this in any way. We are blessed to have this pick on the one hand, and we are owed it by karma on the other hand. All we have to do is sit back and enjoy it.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I get upset over the most pointless things on a nearly constant basis, but even I can't think of a reason to be upset about this in any way. We are blessed to have this pick on the one hand, and we are owed it by karma on the other hand. All we have to do is sit back and enjoy it.

Which way do you prefer your toilet paper roll to be? I'll ninja on over to Bangkok and flip it the other way. :naughty:

Ever since we moved up to 2nd overall I've been in the mindset to be happy with either player. To me, it seemed getting a future 1C would be difficult but now it's a lot easier. Of course this depends on either Nico or Nolan panning out.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Even ignoring how close Patrick and Hischier are in potential, we were supposed to be picking 13th...

I'm sure as hell not going to complain about whoever we get.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
BSH Radio had Hockey News writer on their pod, and it seemed to give the impression NJ will be going Nico, even though that guy is a Nolan fan.

Fragmuffin

Aug 20, 2013
Zagreb
I'd like to see us drafting Nico, but I also think it'd be cool to have a Swiss player going first in the draft.
So I should be happy with any outcome... I guess.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
which way do you prefer your toilet paper roll to be? I'll ninja on over to bangkok and flip it the other way. :naughty:

Ever since we moved up to 2nd overall i've been in the mindset to be happy with either player. To me, it seemed getting a future 1c would be difficult but now it's a lot easier. Of course this depends on either nico or nolan panning out.

Yosh, me too, and leave my TP alone :razz:

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
both our teams are gonna be flipping out regarding who the other team picks, though you guys have the easier job of picking up whomever is left.

personally, i like both of them, so i think we'll see a lot of arguing between the teams about who's better for years to come :laugh:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'm upset you lost your spot on the Be Sharps, but I'll be happy with either guy.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Not over the choice. Little control over that. They are closely rated as well.

You should be upset later on if one becomes a much better player for the Devils.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
I like them both as well. Going back to April we had pick 13, in an average draft year. No we are sitting in a position where jersey is trying to trade out, and I don't think they will be able to, leaving us with Nolan Patrick. He will have great career games vs nj, cause he will be out to show them, they made the wrong pick. Vegas will be offering several picks in round 1 to us, along with number 6, in an attempt, to get Nolan Patrick at number 2, I refuse,unless part of the package is including Vegas first round pick, in 2018, that would make me make the trade.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
I will be upset right away. The first night I was all Nico and since I've been all Nolan. However every time I hear tsn talking up Nico I get jealous.

LI Fly Guy

Feb 28, 2008
Long Island
BSH Radio had Hockey News writer on their pod, and it seemed to give the impression NJ will be going Nico, even though that guy is a Nolan fan.

I'm starving for any sort of Flyer content I can listen to, but that podcast is just abysmal. They have one girl who contributes absolutely nothing, Charlie who literally only cares about Corsi, and the host and the other girl who have the most annoying, loud, and obnoxious voices I have ever heard.

With all that being said, when you read the tea leaves since, immediately after we got the #2 pick, it looks like we're gonna get Patrick. Which is just amazing.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'm starving for any sort of Flyer content I can listen to, but that podcast is just abysmal. They have one girl who contributes absolutely nothing, Charlie who literally only cares about Corsi, and the host and the other girl who have the most annoying, loud, and obnoxious voices I have ever heard.

I thought it would be bad. Thanks for confirming.

tytech

Jan 4, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
No, you can't be mad at Jersey, unless they pick Nico. :shakehead

Then you can be mad for many years while Nico is scoring on us and Nolan isn't playing cause he's nursing whatever injury he has. :rant:

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
I like Nico a smidge more, but I'm not at all attached to a guy either way.

Not really being attached to either guy was the only way to go.

The pressure is all on the Devils. They failed the test last time when they picked Zacha over Provorov. Hopefully, history repeats itself and they mess up again.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I like the content Sons of Penn puts out there a lot..but the one Podcast I listened to had a lot of cringe-worthy moments. The guy who sounds older said something wrong or nonsensical every other sentence.

I don't follow BSH's content but I do follow one of their contributors, Steph Driver, on Twitter. She is a passionate fan but has only followed hockey for like 5 years so the expertise isn't really there.

Dan Silver at Philly Is Flyer has been putting out some decent content this summer.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
We were given a chance to pick 11 picks earlier. Why should we be upset that we are not picking 12 picks earlier..

LI Fly Guy

Feb 28, 2008
Long Island
I like the content Sons of Penn puts out there a lot..but the one Podcast I listened to had a lot of cringe-worthy moments. The guy who sounds older said something wrong or nonsensical every other sentence.

I don't follow BSH's content but I do follow one of their contributors, Steph Driver, on Twitter. She is a passionate fan but has only followed hockey for like 5 years so the expertise isn't really there.

Dan Silver at Philly Is Flyer has been putting out some decent content this summer.

Yea I think they're starting a podcast too, as well as Myterus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad