Should there be a penalty shot, shot clock?

Should there be a penalty shot, shot clock?

• Total voters

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
No. ringuette has a shot clock, and all it does is

1) rush plays
2) add more interruption to the flow of the game

Although, in ringuette you could in theory stab the ring and never move - not an issue in hockey.

Perhaps in OT, since 3 vs 3 has a ton of open space
Just talking about penalty shots here and i'm guessing the purpose of the question is Kutznetsov (sp?). I get the notion of having it because it's annoying to watch him come in so slow, but in the grand scheme of things, he's only taking a few extra seconds....doesn't matter.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I want to see him do what he’s doing now, but zig-zag all 85 feet from dasher to dasher, while only advancing the puck a foot each time he crosses the ice, thus taking like 5 minutes to finally get to the net and then shoot right into the goalie’s chest. Then do the birdman on the way back to the bench.
Now you have put that image in my head... so do I :laugh:

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
This feels like a "make a rule for the sake of making a rule". Especially considering that the proposed solution from Wayne would shave down roughly 1 second of time on this "embarassing" penalty shot from Kuznetsov

Reactions: Devil Dancer

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
No but there should be a rule that you cant exit the offensive zone with the puck once you have entered on 3v3 overtime.

Edit: Actually would probably be better if you couldn't skate or pass the puck over the redline towards your own end once you have crossed it.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
No, god no, enough with the single player/ incident rules that don't do anything but screw up the game.

Yes I'm also talking about the horrible awful no good very bad offside review that grew out of that stupid Duchene goal.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
The theory is one thing.

The reality of … what, going to video review to determine if the puck left the player’s stick one tenth of a second too early or too late deciding if a goal happened or not? Turns my stomach.
Needs more reviews to extend it even further, therefore not saving time.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Much cheaper solution is to just ban Kuznetsov from taking penalty shots.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Sorry, can someone explain to me exactly what the problem is with Kuznetsov’s slow shootout attempts? I see people saying they don’t like them but I’ve never heard a reason why they don’t like them

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
No

Stop trying to regulate or stamp down every little bit of fun the players in this league try to have.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Don’t think you’ve considered the actual question
okay so whats there to consider? seems like I asked a pretty solid question so when would this 10 second timer begin? as soon as they enter the blue line? think that will kill off alot of plays.
so what part did I got consider?
its a pretty terrible idea like TERRIBLE

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
okay so whats there to consider? seems like I asked a pretty solid question so when would this 10 second timer begin? as soon as they enter the blue line? think that will kill off alot of plays.
so what part did I got consider?
its a pretty terrible idea like TERRIBLE
What's plays are you suggesting would be killed? The question was solely looking at shootouts and whether each shooter should have a time limit to get the shot off. I got the sense you were thinking about a shot clock on regular game play.

Kuznetsov takes forever, but still only about 9 seconds from the red line.....so putting an 8 second limit, for example, wouldn't change much, but also is completely unnecessary as most shootout attempts last about 3-4 seconds.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
No, the forward movement requirement is enough. A dude taking his sweet time going slow and deking is rare and not close to be bad enough to warrant a rule against.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
What's plays are you suggesting would be killed? The question was solely looking at shootouts and whether each shooter should have a time limit to get the shot off. I got the sense you were thinking about a shot clock on regular game play.

Kuznetsov takes forever, but still only about 9 seconds from the red line.....so putting an 8 second limit, for example, wouldn't change much, but also is completely unnecessary as most shootout attempts last about 3-4 seconds.
I guess I missed penalty shot but I mean seriously.... why is it even needed? it makes no sense at all
has there ever been a shootout or penalty shot that went over 10 seconds? and if it did what are we talking about here? like 1 second? who cares........

you kids gotta stop trying to change a 100 year old game, its been fine before u were born and it will be fine after were all dead

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: