Speculation: Should the Wild waive Merrill in favor of Mermis/Hunt?

Should the Wild waive Merrill in favor of Hunt/Mermis?

• Total voters

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I’ve seen enough Merrill on this team to last a lifetime.

I’d like to see Mermis or Hunt get his minutes. Goal-against-ski to the press box too.

Brodin-Faber
Middleton-Spurgeon
Hunt-Mermis

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Would this move hurt us, help us, or be neutral in terms of cap? Otherwise, i'm all in with getting Hunt/ROR some NHL TOI. We've got Bogo and Goli hanging around this year...it's not like we need Merrill.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I voted for the third option only because I think they should waive him for Hunt, but not for Mermis.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Would this move hurt us, help us, or be neutral in terms of cap? Otherwise, i'm all in with getting Hunt/ROR some NHL TOI. We've got Bogo and Goli hanging around this year...it's not like we need Merrill.
I believe at least $1M of his cap would come off the books

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Honestly, I'm not sure. I'm fairly cautionary with prospects, feeling that they are better off spending a little too long developing rather than too little, and Hunt hadn't really had a great season until 4 games ago. I'd like to see him put together a good AHL season in which he forces his way up as an impactful defender, rather than call him up because our #6-7 guy sucks.

This leaves Mermis, and I think he's more a lateral move than an improvement. I think he's earned his time in the NHL, but I think he's also earned his time in the AHL. A true tweener.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Honestly, I'm not sure. I'm fairly cautionary with prospects, feeling that they are better off spending a little too long developing rather than too little, and Hunt hadn't really had a great season until 4 games ago. I'd like to see him put together a good AHL season in which he forces his way up as an impactful defender, rather than call him up because our #6-7 guy sucks.

This leaves Mermis, and I think he's more a lateral move than an improvement. I think he's earned his time in the NHL, but I think he's also earned his time in the AHL. A true tweener.
Wow. That’s all there is?
That’s not very encouraging.
Brodin out? Yikes!

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hunt with a PP assist in the only goal for Iowa last night. since he has been put on the PP he is racking up the points, and, presumably, gaining confidence in playing with the puck. We already know he has decent size(6'1", 200), and skating. If he can put it all together, which he should be an option for the 3rd pairing this year - we'll see where else in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad