Speculation: Should The Habs Get Lecavalier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawchuk1971

Jun 16, 2011
i know its a long shot to get him...but it would be nice for the habs to get another french based player....

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=455738

The Philadelphia Flyers are ramping up their efforts to find a suitor for centre Vincent Lecavalier.

TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger reported Thursday that Lecavalier's agent Kent Hughes has permission to speak to other teams regarding a trade for his client. Dreger adds that making a deal will be tough for the Flyers in the days leading up to July 1, as Lecavalier is owed a $2 million bonus on that date.

Analyzer*

Nice, another thread about something that's already been discussed...

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
No thank you. He snubbed us and has a poor contract. Plus why would the Habs help the Flyers?

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
Don't you think we have enough top 9 centers already with Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Plekanec and Eller? There is simply no room for Vinny on this team even if Philly retains some of his salary.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
I swear to god this will happen every year even after he retires..

"Should Vinny come out of retirement and sign with the Habs?"

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
The annual Lecavalier thread, can always count on it.

Garry Valk

Feb 27, 2002
thedrivefortwentyfive.blogspot.com
Yes. If Philly will eat salary to dump him, you can get Vinny for $3-3.5/year, less than Habs offered last year. I guarantee they are interested. Perhaps they can send Budaj back to further help salary. Briere may be a fit there as well.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

if they ate salary....he's still a good 3rd liner with top sixd potential under the rigth situation...but only if they ate salary...and the price was low.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
if they ate salary....he's still a good 3rd liner with top sixd potential under the rigth situation...but only if they ate salary...and the price was low.

Even if he is free and they eat half his salary, he has 4 years left plus he wants to play center, so he would be a #3. Do you dump Eller?

walsy37

Jul 12, 2006
I swear to god this will happen every year even after he retires..

"Should Vinny come out of retirement and sign with the Habs?"

If it would end there that would be a miracle. I fully expect after he dies to see threads about his resurrection with special powers just to sign with the Habs.

Seriously, some people are just looking to start threads. When I saw the story on NBC Sports, I wondered how long till I see this useless waster of space thread. With his age and contract (either one is enough of a reason) - it's not even a real discussion point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad