Islanders Point Blank: Should Isles Get New Goal Song?

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
http://islanderspointblank.com/isla...yn/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

There’s been “Hey Song,” “Song 2,” and now Joe Satriani’s “Crowd Chant.” The Islanders have certainly run the gamut of typical NHL arena goal songs over the last two decades (I’m purposely ignoring the “Live is Life” by Opus era, which can be blamed on Zenon Konopka). So as the team moves to Brooklyn, is it time for something new?
fans goal celebrate

Between the horn, the “WOOs,” and the “YES” chant, there’s a lot to love about the team’s post-goal celebration. And “Crowd Chant” gets the job done. But I always wished the Isles had thought a little harder when finding a new song prior to the 2011-12 season (the choices given to the fans to vote for were fairly brutal). The Wild use “Crowd Chant” too, and…it’s fine, I guess. I’m just ready for a change.

I knew this would be coming eventually.

Discuss....

Keep potential replacement songs PG-13.

Last edited:

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
The only thing worse than Wang & Cappy is the goal song.

I'd rather have no music than that terrible, cheezy tune...

Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO
This will probably get a bad reaction, but......

While I kinda liked "Song #2" and "Crowd Chant" never really bothered me, if I absolutely had to pick a goal song that was never previously used that maybe even had a NY connection, I'd have to strongly consider looping the intro or editing this:

Original? Check.
High-energy? Check.
A little nod to both Long Island and the city? Check.

I could get behind that.

DVon Du Nord

Apr 30, 2012
Kildare, IE
I'm indifferent to "Crowd Chant" honestly. I do prefer the edit that the Wild use over ours, but either way it's a fun song that everyone can chant after a goal. Maybe we should do what a lot of teams have been doing and actually have our own song ala Rangers, Habs, Sens etc... Otherwise I'm willing to try something that everyone can chant and cheer along to

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
The Islanders used Rock & Roll Part I, which was unique around the league and more enjoyable than Part II. Of course, the "you suck" crew had to ruin it. :rolleyes:

I thought the "you suck" chants were funny and added to the character of games at the Coliseum.

I get that people want to take their kids to the games. But I think taunts centered around "sucking" are fairly mild. And if it really bothers you, how hard is it to explain to your kid that the chanters are just idiots?

Then again, I don't have any kids, so what do I know.

Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO
I'm indifferent to "Crowd Chant" honestly. I do prefer the edit that the Wild use over ours, but either way it's a fun song that everyone can chant after a goal. Maybe we should do what a lot of teams have been doing and actually have our own song ala Rangers, Habs, Sens etc... Otherwise I'm willing to try something that everyone can chant and cheer along to

Crowd Chant never bugged me, and I don't see Wild games enough to feel so much like it's "their" song until I'm reminded, really.

I could live with Bro Hymn again, but if it's to be changed, I'd lean towards something no one's used yet.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
I thought the "you suck" chants were funny and added to the character of games at the Coliseum.

I get that people want to take their kids to the games. But I think taunts centered around "sucking" are fairly mild. And if it really bothers you, how hard is it to explain to your kid that the chanters are just idiots?

Then again, I don't have any kids, so what do I know.

The you suck chant was terrible because people would do it when we were getting killed. Yelling you such when your losing 5-1 is just stupid.

IslesJack

Jul 3, 2002
NY
Visit site
The Islanders used Rock & Roll Part I, which was unique around the league and more enjoyable than Part II. Of course, the "you suck" crew had to ruin it. :rolleyes:

^This....I am pretty sure no other NHL team ever used Rock N Roll Part 1. The Isles used it dating back to 1993. It was great, but the same people who started to use the "YES!" chant, refused to stop chanting "YOU SUCK!" thus ruining it for us all....we have not a good goal song since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm50uMEDm1s

Crispy385

Jul 23, 2008
I've always pushed for the chant in the bridge of Iron Maiden's " Heaven Can Wait". Then the web site actually included it in their poll when they were searching for new ones, and **** the bed by sampling the chorus instead of the chant.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I was just talking about this with my brother today. I'm fine with the Satriani song, but it would be nice if they chose something unique.

Cavonnier

Apr 23, 2013
Maine
If Charles Wang's dislike for "You suck" killed the Gary Glitter song, then Gary Glitter's despicable crimes buried it.

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
I just wish we could get rid of the "Woo" - never liked it.

For the goal song, something responsorial is always beneficial... R&R Part 2 had the "Hey!" that the crowd could get into.

(also, for those who think it was the "You suck" that did that in, chances are it was more the assault charges against Gary Glitter and not wanting to continue to pay him royalties that led to that song's demise...)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad