Kopacka - Vesel - Kelleher
Nordh - Tärnström - Kvist
Ohlsson

Last edited:
Reactions: Bijelo

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Both clubs from Stockholm will be in Allsvenskan this season? I am coming to Stockholm for the Wings games against Sens and Leafs in November. Hoping to catch Swedish leagues while in town too. If I wanted to watch SHL are any of the clubs easy to access via train from Stockholm?

Reactions: hockeyprospects9

hockeyprospects9

Feb 10, 2023
Sweden
Yes, there are unfortunately no teams from Stockholm in the SHL.

The best options if you’re looking to see SHL would probably be Örebro (2 hours with train) or Linköping (1:40 h). Otherwise I would recommend you to go watch Djurgården play in Allsvenskan.

Games around that time that might be interesting:
Djurgården - BIK (HA) 22 nov
Södertälje - Djurgården (HA) 24 nov
AIK - Brynäs (HA) 24 nov
Södertälje - Västervik (HA) 15 nov

Örebro - Leksands (SHL) 16 nov
Linköping - Färjestad (SHL) 16 nov
Örebro - MoDo (SHL) 23 nov
Linköping - Örebro (SHL) 25 nov

Last edited:
Reactions: Bondurant

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Yes, there are unfortunately no teams from Stockholm in the SHL.

The best options if you’re looking to see SHL would probably be Örebro (2 hours with train) or Linköping (1:40 h). Otherwise I would recommend you to go watch Djurgården play in Allsvenskan.

Games around that time that might be interesting:
Djurgården - BIK (HA) 22 nov
Södertälje - Djurgården (HA) 24 nov
AIK - Brynäs (HA) 24 nov
Södertälje - Västervik (HA) 15 nov

Örebro - Leksands (SHL) 16 nov
Linköping - Färjestad (SHL) 16 nov
Örebro - MoDo (SHL) 23 nov
Linköping - Örebro (SHL) 25 nov
Thank you. I am going to look into the 16 Nov games.

Reactions: hockeyprospects9

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
Since i live in Linköping I could help you out with any questions about the game, arena or travel you might need. Linköping have had a poor team the last couple of years, but they have a few great talents (Filip Bystedt, Mattias Hävelid and Fabian Wagner to name a few) and should be pretty fun to watch from that perspective at least.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I like MoDo Hockey, but the roster looks terrible, would not be surprised if we are relegated again. Which teams have the highest budget?
Two of the bottom three in cap hits(/player spending) played in the finals.

Växjö(47,5m), Skellefteå(44m), & Oskarshamn(41m) had the lowest cap hits last season. The biggest spender was at 58m (Madhawk thinks it was HV or Leksand).

Goes to show how much you spend doesn't matter. How you spend however does.

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden

Växjö(47,5m), Skellefteå(44m), & Oskarshamn(41m) had the lowest cap hits last season. The biggest spender was at 58m (Madhawk thinks it was HV or Leksand).

but if you know how to spend them, and have lots of money, then its a match made in heaven.

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg

You mean that you should NOT give your grinders 150k a month? Someone need to tell Sjöström asap!

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
Patrik Carlsson leaves Frölunda for Pelicans: Stort tack, Patrik!
And apparently he was told he had no chance of making the team this year: Inte längre önskvärd i Frölunda, Carlsson har vetat sedan i våras: ”Som en chock" - RAKAPUCKAR.COM

”Jag fick informationen tidigare i våras, att jag skulle vara utanför laget utan att ha chans att konkurrera om platserna och få speltid. Det kändes inte aktuellt att sitta på läktaren.”

I can understand wanting to move on from Carlsson, but the way they're handling it is baffling.

• Wow
Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019

Skellefteå must get a lot of mileage out of their young players, because it’s pretty crazy to think they’re a bottom spender considering their top names. And I guess it’s not that big a surprise to me, they’re good developing players and giving them ice time.

I wonder how much salaries fluctuate from season to season, thinking it’s a lot. Luleå has said they will sport one of their most expensive rosters ever next season (guessing that Osten’s “Real Luleå” teams are the only ones to match them), and I think for a bunch of financially and competitively stable small market teams they can afford to splurge once in a while. I think Rögle has had some of the most expensive rosters in recent years, but salary expenses fluctuate a lot for them.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Patrik Carlsson leaves Frölunda for Pelicans: Stort tack, Patrik!
And apparently he was told he had no chance of making the team this year: Inte längre önskvärd i Frölunda, Carlsson har vetat sedan i våras: ”Som en chock" - RAKAPUCKAR.COM

”Jag fick informationen tidigare i våras, att jag skulle vara utanför laget utan att ha chans att konkurrera om platserna och få speltid. Det kändes inte aktuellt att sitta på läktaren.”

I can understand wanting to move on from Carlsson, but the way they're handling it is baffling.
What is Frölunda lineup gonna look like most likely?

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
At the moment it's looking like this:

Innala - Rydahl - Klingberg
Öberg - Borg - Friberg
Born - Lasu - Nässén
Hasa - Edstrom - Stenberg

We'll see if that changes for the first games this weekend.
So, atleast two solid centers incoming..? Otherwise its pretty hard to see the logic in letting Carlsson go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad