SHL/Allsvenskan 2019-20, general discussion

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
time for a new season.

brynäs and rögle looks strong, i think they will battle for the gold.

brynäs.

Scott - Larsson - Rödin
Boqvist - Sallinen - Danielsson
Descheneu - Blomqvist - Zetterberg
Alcen - Westfält - Rhodin

Sigalet - Andersen
Söderström - Kilström
Lindelöf - Lundgren

Eriksson
Ersson

Scott and Larsson is not done deal, but they are close.

Rögle.

Everberg - Sjögren - Liss
Bristedt - Brithen - Zaar
Höglander - Bengtsson - Bokk
Andersson - Matsson - Wilson

Gelinas - Schira
Curran - Hansson
Bertov - Lesund, Ragnarsson

Will
Rifalk

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
For the first time during the last years it seems like the reigning champion has gotten stronger rather than weaker. Neither KHL or NHL have taken a lot of players from Frölunda.
It's said that Sundström, Lundqvist, Peterson and Lasu will start as centers. Otherwise I would've kept the Fagemo - Hjalmarsson - Lasch line. Moverare is not a done deal yet.

Hjalmarsson - Sundström - Carlsson
Fagemo - Lasu - Lasch
Rosseli Olsen - Peterson - Rakhshani
Mustonen - Lundqvist - Friberg
Stålberg

Stollery - (Moverare)
Gormley - Bergman
Ekbom - Lennström
Grönlund

Mattsson
Rubin

That's way stronger than Rögle and Brynäs. Also, Larsson is not close to sign with Brynäs.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
If Djurgarden can have a healthier roster than the previous season they will be dangerous.

Will they have enough scoring to go far in the playoffs? Jonathan Davidsson will be out either way and it's not like Henrik Eriksson and such being healthy will help with that. They will be a very good team, solid defensively but as many others dependant on their top guys (Josefson, Axelsson, Bemström) playing great hockey to really be a threat.

Very interested to see how Skellefteå and HV71 bounce back from mediocre seasons with improved(?) rosters, especially on D.

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
Will they have enough scoring to go far in the playoffs? Jonathan Davidsson will be out either way and it's not like Henrik Eriksson and such being healthy will help with that. They will be a very good team, solid defensively but as many others dependant on their top guys (Josefson, Axelsson, Bemström) playing great hockey to really be a threat.

Very interested to see how Skellefteå and HV71 bounce back from mediocre seasons with improved(?) rosters, especially on D.
Is Bemström going to stay or is he going to the AHL?

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
How are Oskarshamns chances viewed in Sweden? If guys like Goodwin, Newton, Kelleher and Kiviniemi are supposed to be their top dogs I think they're gonna be in a rough place...I guess Kelleher and Newton could be decent second liners, but the whole spear head is missing so to speak...I predict less than ten wins the whole season if they don't sign atleast a couple of top end d-men and a whole first line of forwards.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
How are Oskarshamns chances viewed in Sweden? If guys like Goodwin, Newton, Kelleher and Kiviniemi are supposed to be their top dogs I think they're gonna be in a rough place...I guess Kelleher and Newton could be decent second liners, but the whole spear head is missing so to speak...I predict less than ten wins the whole season if they don't sign atleast a couple of top end d-men and a whole first line of forwards.

I think most expect them to be out of contest by Christmas. It's not even the usual low-budget team coming up and trying to fight against SHL teams with an Allsvenskan roster. They have lost 5 of their top 7 scorers and both of their very good goalies. They'll be setting records at least for the modern era and not many not even in Oskarshamn will expect them to do anything more than go to relegation playoff and hope for the best.

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
Its deninitely a disadvantage to start building a SHL team so late, most of the guys domestic guys atleast have already signed months ago. Sakari Salminen of my hometown team Ässät, announced that he is going to use his option to play abroad next season. Just the kind of guy Oskarshamn would need to lead their offence but they probably cant afford guys like him...

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
So IK Pantern can’t raise the cash to remain in Allsvenskan, saving Almtuna from the drop.

Problem is some contracts were voided upon the relegation that didn’t happen.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
So IK Pantern can’t raise the cash to remain in Allsvenskan, saving Almtuna from the drop.

Problem is some contracts were voided upon the relegation that didn’t happen.
Shouldn't be an issue at all to be honest as Almtuna in fact were relegated and got haven't paid any salaries, which other clubs have done for their new signings. I think people make this too complicated than it actually is.

Club X got relegated => contracts were voided
Players sign new contracts with Club Y
Club X gets promoted => still doesn't mean that the club got relegated

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
time for a new season.

brynäs and rögle looks strong, i think they will battle for the gold.

brynäs.

Scott - Larsson - Rödin
Boqvist - Sallinen - Danielsson
Descheneu - Blomqvist - Zetterberg
Alcen - Westfält - Rhodin
You don't think Forslund will take a spot?

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
I think most expect them to be out of contest by Christmas. It's not even the usual low-budget team coming up and trying to fight against SHL teams with an Allsvenskan roster. They have lost 5 of their top 7 scorers and both of their very good goalies. They'll be setting records at least for the modern era and not many not even in Oskarshamn will expect them to do anything more than go to relegation playoff and hope for the best.

I know it’s just pre-season, but they’ve looked pretty good in the 2 games I’ve seen.

Puck possession beasts.

MrKriben

Dec 16, 2014
Stockholm
Färjestad might look something like this:

#34 Michael Lindqvist#61 Johan Ryno (A)#14 Victor Ejdsell
#12 Ville Leskinen#25 Martin Johansson#92 Jesper Olofsson
#10 Marcus Nilsson#59 Linus Johansson (C)#22 Per Åslund
#25 Daniel Viksten#27 Oscar Bäck#15 Gustav Rydahl (A)
#31 Carl Jacobsson##4 Oscar Lawner
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
#65 Vojtech Mozik#3 Jens Westin
#24 Jonathan Blum#28 Linus Arnesson
#50 Sebastian Erixon (A)#16 Lucas Ekeståhl Jonsson
#7 Johan Ivarsson#33 Albert Johansson
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
#35 Marcus Svensson
#75 Axel Holm
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Top 6 fowards is pretty much set, other than that I think anyone got the chance.
Albert Johasson will get chanses but only if someone else is injured, Ivarsson will probably be the 7th defender during the games.

Edit: #18 Axel Ottosson -> Linköping HC 2019-09-12

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Oskarshamn:

Wentzel
Williamsson

Alm - Després
Newton - Oskar Nilsson
Henrik Nilsson - Dahlroth

Hardt - Piispanen - Salmonsson
Lindberg - Reichenberg - Kelleher
Sveningsson - Franzen - Netterberg
Dahlström - Engsund - Thelin

They added some good players lately and they have a good playing-system. Lots of speed and grit. I think they will manage to stay in SHL.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Oskarshamn:

Wentzel
Williamsson

Alm - Després
Newton - Oskar Nilsson

They added some good players lately and they have a good playing-system. Lots of speed and grit. I think they will manage to stay in SHL.

From the games I’ve seen in the preseason, they seem to try and be a team to maintain possession at all costs and hope to catch breaks.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Oskarshamn:

Wentzel
Williamsson

Alm - Després
Newton - Oskar Nilsson

Newton and Lindberg still there?

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Are there any previews available for SHL 19/20 season? Which team did what in pre-season, which teams are expected to fight for the title etc... Specifically, where would you guys put Lulea this season?

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
Are there any previews available for SHL 19/20 season? Which team did what in pre-season, which teams are expected to fight for the title etc... Specifically, where would you guys put Lulea this season?
I'd say that Luleå is one of five teams capable of winning gold along with Frölunda, Färjestad, Djurgården and Växjö.

Reactions: hansomreiste

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Shouldn't be an issue at all to be honest as Almtuna in fact were relegated and got haven't paid any salaries, which other clubs have done for their new signings. I think people make this too complicated than it actually is.

Club X got relegated => contracts were voided
Players sign new contracts with Club Y
Club X gets promoted => still doesn't mean that the club got relegated

Apparently more complicated than you actually thought. Only 6 players on the current squad who are no longer junior eligible were on last year’s team. 10 junior eligibles on the roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad