Ship a Shipachyov?

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
How much can we afford to spend on Ship and Campbell, with a $900K cushion for Vesey? A one year showcase w/the Hawks has to be pretty appealing.

If you sign Vesey for 900k I would assume he would take the spot of someone like Motte who makes a similar amount. If my reasoning is right it doesn't effect the cap much.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
yes, but total overage can't go over $78.47 mil.

If the Hawks are cap limit before bonuses and if AP, Schmaltz Campbell Kempny and whoever else all hit their bonuses and then go over $78.47 mil limit, Hawks have violated the cap and are in trouble with the league.

Interesting. Ok thanks, insightful as always HawksCap

fatbeard

Jul 3, 2015
The problem is his cap hit on a roster full of holes in at least 3 or 4 forward slots more important than him. A 3C that can generate offense is more important than a 4C. A 3rd line wing that can role play for defensive and offensive shifts and some special teams (not Shaw because he couldn't defend well) is more important than a 4C.

They're going to have to use him in a role he's never had sustained success in. It takes too many leaps to project what he has done to what he's going to have to do next year because he'll be deployed differently.

I like the optimism. He's an outstanding 4C.
He's not going to be a 4C anymore and he's making alot for a depth role player now. If he is a 4c, then his cap hit is ridiculous given the needs at more important areas.

What's more important, focusing on how the Blackhawks actually use Kruger and the value he provides in that context, or fixating on the fact that he's anachronistically labeled as "the 4C" for the purposes of filling out the lineup card?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad