Advice: Sher-Wood 5030 w/ Extra Length

PaulBissonnette

Average-sized wrench
Jan 24, 2014
Saskatchewan
Hi all,

After going for my first buzz on the pond last weekend, I got the urge to buy myself a wooden stick for the classic feel, and so that I could have a heavier stick that wouldn't blow as much in the prairie wind. :laugh:

Thing is, I am 6'2" and prefer a longer stick to begin with (usually up to just below my nostrils). I checked Sport Chek and although they had most of the blade patterns for the 5030, the sticks were all much to0 short. I usually add a 3"-4" stub to all of my composite sticks, but obviously that option is not available here.

Does anyone know where or through whom I can pick-up/order a wooden stick that is long enough for me?

:help::help::help:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Hi all,

After going for my first buzz on the pond last weekend, I got the urge to buy myself a wooden stick for the classic feel, and so that I could have a heavier stick that wouldn't blow as much in the prairie wind. :laugh:

Thing is, I am 6'2" and prefer a longer stick to begin with (usually up to just below my nostrils). I checked Sport Chek and although they had most of the blade patterns for the 5030, the sticks were all much to0 short. I usually add a 3"-4" stub to all of my composite sticks, but obviously that option is not available here.

Does anyone know where or through whom I can pick-up/order a wooden stick that is long enough for me?

:help::help::help:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

According to Pure Hockey's website, the 9950 is 2 inches longer (62 vs 60) than the 5530. If that's sufficient enough, maybe try that?

Sher-Wood 9950 Wood Stick - Senior | Pure Hockey Equipment

And Icewarehouse says it's 63"

Wood Hockey Sticks - Ice Warehouse

Other than that, you might have to try Sideline Swap or Ebay to try and find something longer.

Last edited:
Reactions: PaulBissonnette

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad