Sheldon Keefe out in Toronto

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
I cannot believe he is getting offers already. His regular season success was mainly cause he had a highly skilled team. And he couldn't put them iver the hump in the playoffs.
Or maybe he had a flawed team with under average defense, goalie and bottom 6 forward group.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Or maybe he had a flawed team with under average defense, goalie and bottom 6 forward group.
True......and he wasn't a great coach or the best one for the job.
Both can be true at the same time and likely are.
Shanny turned the Maple Leafs over to novice GM who pushed to get his buddy novice coach in.
Shanny has no more business to stay head office than Holl had to stay on the leafs blue line.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
I cannot believe he is getting offers already. His regular season success was mainly cause he had a highly skilled team. And he couldn't put them iver the hump in the playoffs.
Lindy ruff got a new job months after being fired.

Ottawa hired Travis freaking Green.

Hfboards standards may be higher than actual NHL hiring practices

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I've felt his days were numbered for a while. He got a small extention of the leash when the leafs finally won a round last year, I suppose.

It's a weird situation because only dubas exited last year rather than a clean house. Shanahan almost sticks by default because firing him would make tre a lameduck one year into his tenure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad