Sheldon Keefe out in Toronto

Section 104

Sep 12, 2021
I guess they didn’t get a respectful handshake this time. Boston even trolled them by showing on the Jumbotron a shot of dejected Leaf fans during the handshake

serp

Jan 17, 2016
2nd fastest coach to 200 wins NHL Records

Yeah and just look at who is number 1 . Just shows that records doesn't mean very much.

Overall thats not an impressive list of coaches at the top there. Just a list of guys that got hired into a great situation and tbh most of them underperformed when the playoffs started.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Not saying I disagree with the firing but He’s gotta have one of the best winning percentage of any fired coach. Anyone know where to find a stat on that?
Adrian Griffin had a .698 winning percentage as coach of the Milwaukee Bucks this year and got canned halfway through the season and it was his first year as coach of the team.

They replaced him with Doc Rivers and they slipped from 2nd to 3rd and end with a .598 winning percentage and lost to the 6th seeded Pacers in the first round :laugh:

Reactions: Pez68

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
He is the worst coach in the league, a good coach doesn't blow a 3-1 series lead to Montreal.

A good coach doesn't talk about respect in the handshake line.

A good coach doesn't call out his team and then walk back his comments the next day because he's a gutless bitch boy.

Sheldon Keefe did all those things and more.
Dominique Ducharme was an even worse coach and that didn't stop the Habs from going to the Cup finals because the players were playoffs warriors (bla bla Covid Cup and all, they still had to beat better ranked teams). If the Toronto players had more guts in the playoffs, they wouldn't have lost their 3-1 lead despite the coaching.
Now I've heard your opinion and you have heard mine. Anything else you want to go on around in circles about?

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
We just needed Dubas’ hack BFF Dubas to become available. Sully’s seat just started smoking. Pens are so screwed.
We will see, I don't think sullivan is going anywhere. Apparently you can suck SO BAD at your job and be the most safe person year after year after year.Tells you a lot about the people running the team, including before Dubas.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Should've been fired after the "respect in that line" comment. Leafs core needed a hard ass and he was too soft.

In his 4.5 years here they failed to qualify for the playoffs his first year, lost 3 times in the 1st round, and got their ass kicked in the 2nd round once.

Just the first of many moves made by the Leafs this off-season.

The inmates are running the locker room, Keefe had to make sure he hurt no ones feelings Ala Babcock when he put Marner on a list.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Can you trust Treliving to make a good coaching hire? His track record includes Glen Gulutzan, Bill Peters, and Daryl Sutter. He also extended Keefe just 9 months ago.
Daryl Sutter was great for that one season before everyone wanted out at least.

But in truth I've always thought Treliving was an overrated GM. He's basically Chiarelli-tier but for some reason he never got the same criticism.

Reactions: Mosby

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
lol not gonna change much need marner and jt off books at those prices doesnt matter the coach... also LOL when berube choses the devils over toronto be a 2nd meltdown on here.. outside that one year in st louis he hasnt ever done much to be honest. plus the devils young core would be alot more interesting to me as a coach then the mess in toronto especially with the trouble the media brings.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Bring Michel Therrien in
therien.gif

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Yikes...if Keefe goes to the Penguins, I honestly can't see Crosby remaining with the club for the rest of his career with these characters running the show.
I still hope he gets traded to Colorado to be with his BFF MacKinnon and we rebuild. Wont happen though.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
About 2 years too late. After watching the All or Nothing series, Keefe seemed like a complete fraud and was not the right coach for the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad