Sheldon Keefe Discussion Thread

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
They brought back, so no culture change. Just a weaker re hash. They could lose OReilly, Bunting,Simmonds and Samsonov. That a big hole.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I'm being crazy because I wanted Keefe punted just as much as the next person. I thought the lustre of him wore off a long time ago and he hasn't shown much about this next, bright young mind.

BUT...

For some reason, I'm willing to give him a chance. He's been a protege/lackey of Dubas for practically his entire coaching career. I'm willing to give him one last chance -- albeit on a really short leash -- to try and change his ways and ultimately the team's fate. Perhaps a new vision and different roster composition (fingers crossed) will get him to learn from his past mistakes.

The onus is on Treliving to give him those pieces. I'm hopeful their relationship is a bit different with what is expected of both as opposed to Keefe simply being buddy buddy with his boy. And this buys Treliving some time and saves his "bullet", so I'm sure he likes having that in his back pocket. The team becomes successful now, he looks like a genius. They falter, he gets rid of someone else's guy and he rinses his hands clean.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Conspiracy Theory for the Day:

Leafs want Quenneville.
Bettman won't reinstate him if he thinks he will be "rewarded" by a Maple Leafs hire.
Leafs retain Keefe to show they aren't hiring.
Bettman reinstates Quenneville.
Leafs fire Keefe and hire Quenneville.
Bettman declares war and strips Toronto of it's next 5 First Round picks but the last laugh is on Bettman since Dubas left us none! :)

Post is strictly tongue in cheek.

Keefe has to go, but he can be fired at any time.
Leafs should hire Q to be an assistant coach to help him rehabilitate his image. The minute Keefe goes mongoloid mode, Q takes over.

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
Any chance BT is waiting to axe SK after he signs 34 and 88. The club not wanting to appear to be more of a mess than they already are? Then once the signings are done bring in a prick to ride these softies.

Thoughts…

Reactions: Brad C

alliuk12

Feb 1, 2011
I'm being crazy because I wanted Keefe punted just as much as the next person. I thought the lustre of him wore off a long time ago and he hasn't shown much about this next, bright young mind.

BUT...

For some reason, I'm willing to give him a chance. He's been a protege/lackey of Dubas for practically his entire coaching career. I'm willing to give him one last chance -- albeit on a really short leash -- to try and change his ways and ultimately the team's fate. Perhaps a new vision and different roster composition (fingers crossed) will get him to learn from his past mistakes.

The onus is on Treliving to give him those pieces. I'm hopeful their relationship is a bit different with what is expected of both as opposed to Keefe simply being buddy buddy with his boy. And this buys Treliving some time and saves his "bullet", so I'm sure he likes having that in his back pocket. The team becomes successful now, he looks like a genius. They falter, he gets rid of someone else's guy and he rinses his hands clean.
Treliving can give him all the players he wants but this coach hasn't the ability to know how to use them he is always being out coached

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Cream doesn't rise to the top at ML$E.

More like turds float their way there.

Sheldon Keefe is a loser. The team has failed not once, not twice, not even three times, but now an incredible four times with Keefe as coach. How does this guy even still have a job?

We're all told they are doing their best to ice a contender.

Yet they continue to reward failure. This franchise has been the laughingstock of the NHL for years. But they make no effort to bring in someone more experienced as coach.

Someone who can take this team to the next level.

Now that Dubas is gone Keefe's days are numbered. Big changes are coming soon to Leafs Land. It's only a matter of time before the heads start to roll.

The ones full of crap that floated their way to the top would be a good place to start.

That's Keefe.

Last edited:
Reactions: seventieslord

Zack47

Oct 21, 2017
Noooooooo!!!! When the Leafs won the first series, Keefe jumped up and down like a kid who has won the cup, totally amateur, more than his players celebrated. Then what happened? He totally failed to get them focused on the next series, and that FACT, is the reason he should have been fired now. No one seemed to notice it is on him...

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

Sheldon Keefe | NHL Draft Media Availability | June 29, 2023

Toronto Maple Leafs

June 29, 2023

Head Coach Sheldon Keefe speaks with the media during the 2023 NHL Draft.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Any chance BT is waiting to axe SK after he signs 34 and 88. The club not wanting to appear to be more of a mess than they already are? Then once the signings are done bring in a prick to ride these softies.

Thoughts…
Nah Tre's too soft for that. They could have kept SK hanging until after July 1 if they were thinking about doing it that way. Either he promised broad changes that he couldn't do under KD or they think he actually has been a solid coach, but he seems to have made the cut. He would have to shit the bed hard like last October to be at risk again I think, and if he is extended probably even that won't get him a bullet and he stays as long as Shanny does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad