Player Discussion Sheldon Keefe - All encompassing galaxy brain discussion

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
I don't think Berube is well-regarded, Binnington dragged him to a cup, and he's been bad outside of that.

Are our players studs or duds? Has he been given a lot to work with?

Berube seemed to be well-regarded and their fans were blaming losing Petro to their fall. But of course every coach has some flaws.

Our players are definitely duds but they lost to worse teams than them. I have to pin the blame on coaching just as much as the core when they were rolling out 100-point teams every season including before Keefe got there.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
I don't believe half this board knows anything about the systems our current coach runs, and now people are studying other team's coaches? This is interesting.

Do you not watch any of the games?

It’s very simple to see the systems and scheme of various teams if you actually watch the games.

Boston’s penalty kill aggressively pressures the puck. This is ridiculously obvious if you’ve watched any games during this series. Their penalty killers are constantly in the face of the puck handler forcing them to make accurate passes under duress.

Toronto’s penalty kill is extremely passive by comparison. The penalty killers sit back in the traditional four man box and let the Boston power play move the puck at will.

I’d suggest watching Game 5 tonight and you may be able to recognize the difference between the two approaches.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Do you not watch any of the games?

It’s very simple to see the systems and scheme of various teams if you actually watch the games.

Boston’s penalty kill aggressively pressures the puck. This is ridiculously obvious if you’ve watched any games during this series. Their penalty killers are constantly in the face of the puck handler forcing them to make accurate passes under duress.

Toronto’s penalty kill is extremely passive by comparison. The penalty killers sit back in the traditional four man box and let the Boston power play move the puck at will.

I’d suggest watching Game 5 tonight and you may be able to recognize the difference between the two approaches.

Toronto has an aggressive penalty kill, I'd take your own advice and watch some more games...

Hilarious post though.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Toronto has an aggressive penalty kill, I'd take your own advice and watch some more games...

Hilarious post though.

Were you watching that Bruins penalty kill, my friend?

The announcers even explained it for you - - “the Boston penalty killers just don’t allow the Leafs any time”.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad