Tribute Shea Weber: Gone to Vegas

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Ok so Weber was at the last game and he will likely attend the Lafleur funeral.
Of course he saw that he took a lot of heat for staying away of the Habs. So I figure he was told by the Habs how this was looking for his reputation. I dont think he hates the habs or the fans but I do think he was surprised at the bad press. He still does not get HOW the HABS ar a freaking religion here in Quebec. Example. last night. Standing ovation for the last Hab game.
Worst finish in the nhl but the Fans still support the team. Name one other city that would give a standing ovation to the worst team. Even when your down and out we STILL GOT YOUR BACK. THAT'S MONTREAL FANS.
Montreal Fans are also known to eat their young, and of course their goalies............
I think the majority of the issues with the Habs, are the horrible media coverage....from an image perspective, not a hockey or organization perspective. The tabloid style of coverage is horrendous....and SOME fans follow that course.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Montreal Fans are also known to eat their young, and of course their goalies............
I think the majority of the issues with the Habs, are the horrible media coverage....from an image perspective, not a hockey or organization perspective. The tabloid style of coverage is horrendous....and SOME fans follow that course.
Hockey in Quebec is like movies in California. Everyone knows all the actor’s and director’s names, not 1% of the population knows the first thing about how to make a good movie but everyone will gladly tell you. It’s a mass market entertainment product.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Ok so Weber was at the last game and he will likely attend the Lafleur funeral.
Of course he saw that he took a lot of heat for staying away of the Habs. So I figure he was told by the Habs how this was looking for his reputation. I dont think he hates the habs or the fans but I do think he was surprised at the bad press. He still does not get HOW the HABS ar a freaking religion here in Quebec. Example. last night. Standing ovation for the last Hab game.
Worst finish in the nhl but the Fans still support the team. Name one other city that would give a standing ovation to the worst team. Even when your down and out we STILL GOT YOUR BACK. THAT'S MONTREAL FANS.
What happens if Montreal got 10 goals scored on yesterday? You think they would have gotten a standing ovation? It certainly helped the fans mood that they played a good game yesterday.

Reactions: BLONG7

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
f***ing tard sheeps enthralled by despicable media types.

Fans would never had booed if it weren't for that article.

Sports media is a cancer in Montreal.

100%

It’s just one of the many reasons some guys won’t touch this market. Stupid BS like this. It was laughable how many were reacting to a non issue.

Reactions: BLONG7 and the

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Montreal fans and media have driven a lot of stars out of Montreal. Patrick Roy, Lemieux, etc...
Post automatically merged:

I can't wait until the Weber era is officially over so we can bicker about something else.
I am pretty sure Weber will be traded this summer. Habs should get a decent return. Insurance is picking up the contract and 7.8 million caphit for next 4 years without having to pay any money is very enticing to a team trying to reach cap floor. Saves a team over 30 million dollars.

Reactions: BLONG7

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
They have time now. So why isn't it done? Can they not trade while the playoffs are on?

I don't think I've ever seen a trade go down during the playoffs. I think the trade freeze is still in effect no matter if you're in or out of the playoffs.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I don't think I've ever seen a trade go down during the playoffs. I think the trade freeze is still in effect no matter if you're in or out of the playoffs.
Apparently there is no trade freeze but players acquired after the trade deadline can't play in the playoffs. So they should get everything signed and do it asap and get it out of the way.
Edit: of course if there is a payt to Price due they may be waiting for that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad