Player Discussion Shea Weber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
He would be a good mentor for Dahlin, unfortunately JJD will still be here and so will Joe Morrow.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Barginbin is going to use the loss of defensive defenceman Shea Weber for his teams total lack of offence. I can see it now...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Barginbin is going to use the loss of defensive defenceman Shea Weber for his teams total lack of offence. I can see it now...
Thing is, we would be better with Weber. Probably significantly so.

But it still doesn't change the fact that this team is badly put together, has no depth and has been run into the ground by a guy who should've been fired long ago. When one defenseman can have that much of an impact, then you know something's wrong.

And let's not forget that he let go of Markov AND Sergachev before the season began.

Reactions: Redux91 and Habs13

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Thing is, we would be better with Weber. Probably significantly so.

But it still doesn't change the fact that this team is badly put together, has no depth and has been run into the ground by a guy who should've been fired long ago. When one defenseman can have that much of an impact, then you know something's wrong.

And let's not forget that he let go of Markov AND Sergachev before the season began.

Probably not good enough to make the post-season still. With Markov, Radulov and Sergachev though... probably.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
He did absolutely nothing to try and replace him in the lineup. Didn't even try to get a Scrivens level replacement. You can't say the year was bad because Weber was out when you did nothing to try and solve it.
I think we now know what they did with the Excuses sign from the dressing room, it's in MB's rec room...

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
I can't believe they let him play with a broken foot. Didn't think that was possible in today's NHL. I mean it's his foot and he skates with his feet.
Can you Link me to an article or whatever who confirms there was a fracture? All I find is that it WASN'T a fracture ..

Shitty organization

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
As many posters have stated.. Marc will use the "injury" card to shea and the others to justify how we are nearly the last place team. He's done it before, he will do it again. Shea just gave him his golden ticket , his golden excuse for this failed season.

"yes I know we struggled to score, but when you are missing your No.1 Defensemen and No.1 Center (PD) you know, sometimes its just not good enough, answers are in the room"

I am going to be out of country and out of the habs for 3 weeks..... thank god. this team is toxic.

Reactions: PaulD and Runner77

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
As many posters have stated.. Marc will use the "injury" card to shea and the others to justify how we are nearly the last place team. He's done it before, he will do it again. Shea just gave him his golden ticket , his golden excuse for this failed season.

"yes I know we struggled to score, but when you are missing your No.1 Defensemen and No.1 Center (PD) you know, sometimes its just not good enough, answers are in the room"

I am going to be out of country and out of the habs for 3 weeks..... thank god. this team is toxic.
"My best players were hurt, or they weren't my best players on far too many occasions." It's a valid argument but not what fans want to hear.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
"My best players were hurt, or they weren't my best players on far too many occasions." It's a valid argument but not what fans want to hear.
So what does that say about your team's depth MB?

It's a valid argument for bottom feeders and terribly managed teams.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
So what does that say about your team's depth MB?

It's a valid argument for bottom feeders and terribly managed teams.
No doubt that is true. Time for him or whoever to make some good decisions going forward. Identify the core, build around them and hope they bounce back strong next year. A fire sale doesn't seem to be in the cards.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Shut him down for the year, give him the C in the off season and let a rested Weber come back with a vengeance next year after our reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad