Shea Weber appreciation thread

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Listening to Shea's press conference was brutal. One of the worst things hockey related I have had to do since Sakic retired.

I know we are all excited about PK, but let's remember THE captain for a minute and pay respect to the guy who really led the Predators through the hardest days of our franchise.

Like this moment.

Or this one

Or this one

Or this one

Or this one

Or this one

Or this one

Thank you, Shea. You guided us through a lot of crap with ownership changes, financial difficulties the whole thing. You are true warrior and Nashville will never forget you. I became a Preds fan in 2006-7. I basically grew up with you. Thank you for everything. Come back now, you hear?

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Will definitely miss Shea. I really thought he'd be our first member of the HHOF and our first retired number. Great player, great guy. I wish we would have known so we could have given him a proper goodbye. Hate that his last game was that Game 7 against the Sharks.

Oh well, thanks for everything Shea. Will always be a fan of his in Montreal and I hope he wins a cup someday.

I can't help but wonder how things would have worked out if the offer sheet never happened.

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
Nothing but positive from me. He raised our profile by virtue of the Canadian cult worship of him. He deserved the worship. He was a gentleman. His ego stayed in check. He will be remembered here as a legend... Shoot the puck through the net, score from up in the cheap seats, pound the puck at ASGs, crack skulls of tiny redwings, blind the GM. EPIC LEGEND.

I don't quibble over the flyer thing... He got certainty pre-lockout and only had to sacrifice........ The NTC. That's the bargain. That's ok. Nashville Predators hero in my book.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I'll miss Weber for sure. He's been my favorite player for a while now. Named my dog after him and all, though I think everyone knows that story.

But I'll say I won't miss moments like the Zetterberg head smash (he deserved it, but it was dumb) or the Tyutin suckerpunch (he didn't deserve it, and it was dumb). My favorite Weber moment will always be a toss up between that tying goal against Anaheim in the playoffs or when he absolutely destroyed Lilja after Lilja pulled him down by his face for no goddamn reason.

I'll have to lift my admittedly-petty dislike of the Canadiens to root for my boy.

Good luck, Webs.

And I will not be listening to his press conference, at least not for another few days.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I was trying to explain to non hockey people why I was so shocked. One said"He wasn't your boyfriend." No he wasn't but he had been on the Preds as long as I have been following them.

He was one of us. One of our guys, we raised him, watched him grow from a gangly second rounder to our Captain. It will be so strange to go to opening night and not see #6 out there. Not watch defenders scatter when he winds up. See him smile and celebrate a goal/win.

I will miss him.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Sorry to bother you guys in a thread like this, but where can the press conference be found?

gratefulpred

Eternal Optimist
Jun 27, 2011
Almo Heights, KY
Oh Captain! My Captain!

You guided our ship from the days of when the relocation storm clouds darkened our horizon and sailed us to better waters when we finally jumped into the win column in a playoff series

Yours was the first player jersey many of us bought...

You became the face of our franchise and we were proud for it...

You made the franchise step up and put the money on the table and in that we grew from scrub expansion team to a passionate fan base.

...all under your watch

Behave Montreal media and fanbase, you got our captain and the heart of our team and with it 17,113 new passive fans in the South.

Thanks Shea Freaking Weber, we will cheer for you loud and proud as long as you lace up the skates (assuming we are not in cap Hades with the whole cap recapture thing)

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
This was such a stunning trade. Loved the captain. He was my favorite Predator. He has been since he broke into the league. I truly believed he would be our first, and possibly only, start to finish Nashville Predator HHOF.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Will forever be my captain.

Thanks for everything Shea and I hope you have more success down the road. One of my favorites. GOAT beard.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
That second to last video in the OP is honestly why I'm less morose about this move than most here. Still, he's been awesome for this team, and he will be missed.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
That second to last video in the OP is honestly why I'm less morose about this move than most here. Still, he's been awesome for this team, and he will be missed.

Yeah I'm still embarrassed by that punch. At first I thought he had punched the person who hit him into the boards and cut his face (Umberger maybe? I don't remember), but when I realized he just skated over to Tyutin and unloaded one on an undeserving and unsuspecting player I was pissed.

Agreed, though. Beast Weber will be missed.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Will definitely miss the captain, he had a great Preds career, maybe we even see him again as his career is winding down. I'm hoping no.6 is the first jersey retired by the team and he's got a good chance at being the first Predator drafted player to make it to the HHoF.

Best of luck in Montreal Shea, hopefully he wins a Norris now!

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Shea Weber. Shea Freakin' Weber. A class act.
To me, he's like Vokoun. He will never suck, even if he's in the starting line up.
We have watched him, literally, from his first moments as a Predator in 2003. He is still a force at almost 31 years old.

I wish him all the best in Montreal.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
We will miss you big time Shea. Best predators captain ever and easily the face of the franchise to date. Good luck in Montreal but damn it won't be the same without you man.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Oh Shea, I miss you already. :cry:

Thank you for everything you did for this team and our city. You took us from cute playoff story to real contender. I really thought you would be the captain lifting the Cup for our team. I thought you would be here forever.

I always loved hearing Paul announce, "Nashville Predators goal scored by number 6, THE captain, Shea Weberrrrrrrrr"! :yo:

He was always so awkward around the media, never seeming very comfortable. But this past season he seemed to really come into his own with the media and interviews. This year he was more chatty and outgoing than ever.

It just won't be the same without the beast lurking back there. I'll miss the Weberbombs, Angry Shea, the beard.

I think the goal I will remember the most is the tying goal against Anaheim in the 2011 playoffs. The importance of that goal and the timing was incredible.

Also, a few years ago against the Kings (I'm pretty sure it was the kings) he scored on his third Weberbomb. It was a sequence where he took the bomb from the point, we got the rebound, got it back to Weber, he shot, we got the rebound back to Weber, he shot and this time it went in. It was incredible, the way everyone on the ice just dominated the shift.

I'll miss seeing pictures of Dug and Rod in the locker room!

I wish you great luck in Montreal. I hope the fans, media, and team treat you with the respect you deserve.

Thank you Shea Weber, you will always be a Predator and you will always be in our hearts. :heart:

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
It's a sad day to see the beating heart of Smashville wrenched away. Big skates to fill, to say the least.

Good luck Shea - your first welcome back will make Barry Trotz's look like a whimper, no doubt.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
This was such a stunning trade. Loved the captain. He was my favorite Predator. He has been since he broke into the league. I truly believed he would be our first, and possibly only, start to finish Nashville Predator HHOF.

this exactly. When we matched the offer sheet I thought he was here for the duration.

I hope he has an amazing season sometime in the next couple of years and finally wins his Norris, and really I hope playing against Ottawa multiple times a year people see how much more of a complete defenseman Weber is than Karlsson.

And I know its years in the future and the saying is "you can't go home again" but I will hold out hope that he gets traded back here late in his career and can retire a Pred. And I hope with all my being that he never wears a Redwing, Blackhawk, or Blues jersey.

thanks for everything Captain! Your jersey will remain on the wall of my man cave no matter where you play.

It's a sad day to see the beating heart of Smashville wrenched away. Big skates to fill, to say the least.

Good luck Shea - your first welcome back will make Barry Trotz's look like a whimper, no doubt.

oh geez yeah that will be an emotional night for sure.

man this really sucks. My head keeps telling me we will be a better team but my heart is just crushed by this.

Last edited:

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
this exactly. When we matched the offer sheet I thought he was here for the duration.

I hope he has an amazing season sometime in the next couple of years and finally wins his Norris, and really I hope playing against Ottawa multiple times a year people see how much more of a complete defenseman Weber is than Karlsson.

And I know its years in the future and the saying is "you can't go home again" but I will hold out hope that he gets traded back here late in his career and can retire a Pred. And I hope with all my being that he never wears a Redwing, Blackhawk, or Blues jersey.

thanks for everything Captain! Your jersey will remain on the wall of my man cave no matter where you play.

oh geez yeah that will be an emotional night for sure.

man this really sucks. My head keeps telling me we will be a better team but my heart is just crushed by this.

Pretty much how I feel about this now that the initial shock factor has toned down a notch.

He was by far my favorite hockey player, the guy that really got me into hockey to begin with, the one guy that I wanted to see hoist that Cup in a Preds jersey and now he's gone.

Hurts so much. Hope to see him back in gold sometime in the future.

Shea :cry:

First game of the season against the Habs will be on January 3rd at Bridgestone.
Should be an emotional one.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'm prefacing this by saying I'm totally ecstatic about this trade and would do it 10 times over again......but......

I was 13 when the Preds played their first game but thanks to my dad being from Chicago and introducing me to the game as a young kid, I was a fan of hockey already, much less a Preds fan from Day 1..... despite the team being a distant blip on the sports radar in Middle Tennessee at that time (obviously we know that's no longer the case). As we shuffled through expansion retreads, I gravitated towards guys like Cliff Ronning, Drake Berehowsky (because of the name), Kimmo Timonen, Tomas Vokoun, etc. But then Shea Weber got called up in the 2005-06 season and I was hooked ever since. That was my guy. He was young, my age, and looked like he was an absolute beast. We had never had our own guy before. He was drafted when the draft was IN Nashville and would stay that way for more than another decade, bigger and more successful than we probably could've ever imagined, both league-wide and internationally. When you thought of the Nashville Predators, you thought of Shea Weber. That's the way it was for more than 10 years and although he never won the ultimate prize here, his time here will never be forgotten and his impact on me as a growing hockey fan in this market was huge. His two jerseys I have in my closet will never leave and I'll always look at them at remember the good times, of which there were plenty. Farewell Shea. Enjoy your time back in Canada where you'll get the recognition you deserve. and hopefully it's given fairly.

I'm leaving with this, which I was lucky enough to see from the 6th row right in front of me. Savage Shea.

/the end

Last edited:

luckofirish8

Jan 18, 2012
Nashville, TN
So long, Big Man. You've done so much for hockey in this city and I'm sad to see you go. I look forward to the day you return to Smashville, so you can get the proper send off you deserve.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad