Proposal: Shea Theodore to Habs

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
That's not a bad offer, even if I don't think much of Juulsen- that 1st can be a lottery pick and the 2nd is just more insurance.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Would the Habs immediately trade him for a 3rd round pick, or wait a year?

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
This is an overpayment by MTL but there is also no chance LV move him because he is one of the few very quality pieces they managed to get out of the draft

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
I'm probably one them still seeing him as a very high prospect but this is literally an over-payment for Theodore. Juulsen+B-Prospect+2nd, which is still an over-payment should close this deal

but given the prospect pool of both team, I dont think that it's good move for either teams

Privet

Sep 25, 2015
Victoria, BC
I think GMGM does this in a heartbeat. He loves his draft picks. He would probably even be willing to settle for just a 2nd round pick in 2025.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
No way Vegas trades Theodore. Would have to be an even bigger overpayment than this probably

This. Theodore is young enough and good enough that there's almost no way Vegas would come out ahead with that trade. Plus they do need to actually ice an NHL team... cant send a bunch of draft picks out there for year 1

Redline

Feb 26, 2003
boardroom
Visit site
Theodore is one of the teams few building blocks. I don't doubt McPhee would like to add some 2018 picks but should be able to get those for lesser players.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Theodore is probably THE most untouchable player on our roster. We can get picks/prospects by moving other players. Please let us keep our young d-man.

Vegas will think long about this and in the end McPhee will do this. He gets more than in any other trade. Theodore is the youngest D they have but still 4 years older than Suzuki.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Theodore is young enough and good enough that there's almost no way Vegas would come out ahead with that trade. Plus they do need to actually ice an NHL team... cant send a bunch of draft picks out there for year 1

Theodore will start the season in the AHL till Vegas can trade some D before the deadline.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I think Theodore goes for that kind of overpayment.

That being said, i don't think MB does this as he values Juulsen alot. He wouldn't add a 1st to him to get Theodore.

Maybe a former 1st pick (McCarron/Scherbak) or 2 x 2nd picks but not a 1st.

So Juulsen + McCarron/Scherbak

or Juulsen + 2 x 2nd picks

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Theodore will start the season in the AHL till Vegas can trade some D before the deadline.

Theodore has some issues but he's far too good for the AHL. I would be pissed if I was him and started the year in the minors when there are some absolute scrubs on the NHL side.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Theodore has some issues but he's far too good for the AHL. I would be pissed if I was him and started the year in the minors when there are some absolute scrubs on the NHL side.

There will be others who will be pissed. Think about Pickard who started 48 games last season and now he's behind Fleury and Fleury might not be better and is not the future anyway.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

Yup + a guy like Theodore who has two years of NHL playoffs experience has to be a starter for Vegas & he'll also be a year older than the start of last season.
With the amount of ice time he'll also get on the power play I expect he'll finish the season with 30 points at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad