Proposal: Shea Theodore FOR Jack Raslovic

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Both are extremely promising prospects. Shea Theodore is stuck in a logjam in Anaheim and could still potentially be stuck once again next year. These playoffs it has been very noticeable that Brandon Montour has leaped over him on the depth chart.

Jack Raslovic had a very impressive rookie season in the AHL and looks like he can become a real good player too. Jets are loaded with good forwards that are young and even their "older" veteran guys are still pretty young. I don't think a lot of fans are fully aware of how good he actually is, but he is real impressive but I could see him stuck in a log jam potentially too

IMO Ducks could really use a top prospect like Raslovic that could push for a roster spot VERY soon and Jets would LOVE to add a LH dman like Shea Theodore. IMO an addition like Shea would be perfect for Winnipeg.

What do you guys think? I rarely ever make posts like this but I figured I would give it a shot

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Just add Theodore to the long list of Jets defensemen who have no clue whatsoever how to defend.

I'm not doing this one, I want to see what we have in Roslovic before considering moving him.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
No thanks. It would be nice to add another D, but the Jets also need to hang on to a skilled C as they don't have others in the system.

I'd be interested in a lower prospect swap for Larsson though.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Don't know much about him, whats his projections look like (obviously I don't think we make a move until after expansion draft and see what our defense looks like then).

That being said I wont be surprised if Sam Steel gets a serious look next season with Anaheim, seems almost wasteful to keep him in juniors, also wont be surprised if guys like max jones/troy terry are fighting for a roster spot. Also guys like Roy kerdelis kossila and kase. I think more or less its a myth that we lack forwards in our system, we lack super high end guys. But I don't know much about raslovic and if he is a good top 6 potential guy I would consider after ED.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
No thanks. It would be nice to add another D, but the Jets also need to hang on to a skilled C as they don't have others in the system.

I'd be interested in a lower prospect swap for Larsson though.

o_O I have Larsson above Theodore personally

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
I think this trade is fair and helps both teams. Really like Roslovic and see him taking over for Little at 2C in a couple of years but Jets need good young defenders. Call it in!

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Just add Theodore to the long list of Jets defensemen who have no clue whatsoever how to defend.

I'm not doing this one, I want to see what we have in Roslovic before considering moving him.

Agreed, not sure if we traded for a D Theodore is the type of guy we should target. Jack is projected to fill a need for us as 2C in 1-2 years.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
No reason to move Theodore for another prospect. D depth is an important thing to have, he's already playing due to injuries and moves further up the depth chart when someone (likely Vatanen) gets dealt before expansion.

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015
yall are ****ing tripping lmao. theo has 7 points in 11 games playoff games. this is his 2nd season. homeboy is probably nervous. hes only 21. noone is selling low on him

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I like this deal for Winnipeg. Not sure why Anaheim does it, I guess paying to improve at a position of need. Not sure Roslovic should be the centrepeice in a deal where they lose Theodore though.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Look at the CBJ defense and Anyone not named Jones, Werenski, and Savarad would likely be available for Jack. We wanted him his draft year and tries to move up for him.but couldn't get that far up. I'd personally suggest a Nutivaara/Carlsson

McDLT

I'm a style boy for life
Mar 1, 2016
Calgary
I think it's a fair trade value-wise and helps both teams down the road (eventual Enstrom replacement for WPG, turns defensive logjam into offense for ANA).

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I don't really know Roslovic by much other than his WJC camaign this year, where he certainly looked like a useful player, but not at the level of a guy like Troy Terry, who is quite a few steps down on the Ducks' prospect chart below Theodore, so that doesn't work out, to me. Sure, Theodore has his defensive shortcomings, but a recent top-5/10 defensive prospect putting up >0.5 PPG in the (NHL) playoffs has to significantly worth more than that. Especially considering how big expansion draft exempt players are at the position.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Nah, need Roslovic. He's our best C prospect atm and outside of of a signing is probably the only guy that will force our potato head coach to play Lowry on the fourth where he belongs.

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
Value is ok but I don't see Ducks moving a young cost controlled guy who is really only playing right now due to injuries to Depres/Stoner/Bieksa. Worst case scenario for Shea, he starts in the AHL next year then gets another opportunity once someone gets hurt. Shea just needs more time to develop.

Montour is 2 years older and Shea may need another year of AHL/sheltered NHL minutes.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Nah, need Roslovic. He's our best C prospect atm and outside of of a signing is probably the only guy that will force our potato head coach to play Lowry on the fourth where he belongs.

Just you wait. We're getting a Laine-Lowry-Wheeler next year.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
I don't really know Roslovic by much other than his WJC camaign this year, where he certainly looked like a useful player, but not at the level of a guy like Troy Terry, who is quite a few steps down on the Ducks' prospect chart below Theodore, so that doesn't work out, to me. Sure, Theodore has his defensive shortcomings, but a recent top-5/10 defensive prospect putting up >0.5 PPG in the (NHL) playoffs has to significantly worth more than that. Especially considering how big expansion draft exempt players are at the position.

Roslovic just lead an AHL team in scoring in his first professional season, has an NHL read body, and a much better draft pedigree than Terry, but Roslovic isn't on the same level?

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
There are some good points there, but draft pedigree is the silliest concept that gets churned up around these parts.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Roslovic just lead an AHL team in scoring in his first professional season, has an NHL read body, and a much better draft pedigree than Terry, but Roslovic isn't on the same level?

I specifically said I was going by the WJC. Yes, Roslovic wasn't on the same level there. He was a guy that brought good energy, for the most part, while Terry was an impact player.

It's good for Roslovic that he translated well to the AHL, but not much about what these two have done recently, particularly their WJC and NCAA tenures, would lead one to believe that Roslovic is at the same level, other than physically where he clearly is ahead, which is pretty much a two-edged sword, if he isn't dominating his peers at the WJC more than a physically not-yet-as-developed Terry.

Last edited:

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Roslovic lead his NCAA team in scoring at 18, turned pro and then led his AHL team in scoring at age 19. How do you figure he's on the same level as Troy Terry?

You probably shouldn't judge players based solely on the World Juniors

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
I specifically said I was going by the WJC. Yes, Roslovic wasn't on the same level there. He was a guy that brought good energy, for the most part, while Terry was an impact player.

It's good for Roslovic that he translated well to the AHL, but not much about what these two have done recently, particularly their WJC and NCAA tenures, would lead one to believe that Roslovic is at the same level, other than physically where he clearly is ahead, which is pretty much a two-edged sword, if he isn't dominating his peers at the WJC more than a physically not-yet-as-developed Terry.

Roslovic lead his NCAA team in scoring as a freshman last year (also out scoring Terry).

He lead his AHL team in scoring this year in his first pro season.

These are two guys from the same draft.

I cannot comprehend how a 7 game tournament supersedes the fact that Roslovic has clearly out performed Terry the last two seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad