Rumor: Shattenkirk

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Boychucks best two years of his career have been with the Isles... he's not declining. Not every player declines when they hit 30 like HF would have you believe.

i mean I would disagree and just say that the Islanders put him on the PP and not that he had the best two years of his career.

regardless, i don't really know what kind of return Shatty is looking at, now that the draft is over.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
i think it is clear that Ottawa is the perfect trade partner.

The Blues should offer shatty for bob ryan, which should rightfully be turned down. Then, the blues should offer **** for zibanejad, who ottawa fans already don't like... but on a line with berglund in stl, the blues would have the least favorite, yet most productive 2/3 line in the league. OTT would have to add

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
The asking price is 2 1st round picks and a top prospect ? Good luck with that St.Louis :laugh:

12 months from UFA

that aint going to happen

also--rumours have been for awhile he is heading to boston the first chance he gets--why would boston give so many assets up for a player who has decided on his own he want to play in Boston

Last edited:

HockeyHooligans

TERRORSENKO
Feb 4, 2008
St. Louis
But he's got a spot on 105.7 the point! Talking **** with ShattDueces! He can't leave!
http://www.1057thepoint.com/blogs/r...ng-****-kevin-shattenkirk-your-st-louis-blues

Ah wish something would happen but not the end of the world if he stays. Would really suck.. Over this off season and next.. To lose Shattenkirk, Backes, Elliot, Brouwer and only get a 2nd round pick(maybe Steen too but I get the feeling he will sign here, hope not with the Jets). I like his game but really disappointed me in the playoffs.. didn't have that much impact like I was expecting.

Tough spot I'm sure. Can't have 3 high end RD...well of course you can just not preferred or economical.

Any chance Pietrangelo, Parayko, Shatty switch sides? I doubt it but haven't really heard of it happening too much.
How many defenseman play their off side and successfully? Is every team setup with a LD and RD for every pairing?

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
1. because he's way older. 2. he was declining. 3. cap issues. 4. these aren't related at all.

1. He was two years older 2. He had not even had his best season yet. 3. Cap issues was the entire point of trading Shattenkirk in the first place. Things are different after they lost two players that they wanted to keep to free agency. 4. The situations are extremely similar.

Boychuk at his best is a better all around defender than Shattenkirk is and at Shattenkirk's best he is a better offensive player than Boychuk, there is the difference between the two.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
i mean I would disagree and just say that the Islanders put him on the PP and not that he had the best two years of his career.

regardless, i don't really know what kind of return Shatty is looking at, now that the draft is over.

All you had to do was watch Boychuk during his first two years on Long Island and it was very plain to see he was having his best years. It wasn't because they put him on the powerplay, it was because they were using him as a #1 D and he thrived. It was extremely obvious.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
That is WAY too much for Shattenkirk, he is good, but not a star #1 D and no one will pay that price for 1 year and then he can walk as a UFA. I think the Blues will just keep him then and he walks next off season.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
The entire 2 firsts and Pastrňák thing has got no basis. Sweeney made some comments, people have mashed it into one and ran with it.

The price for Shattenkirk is high, and rightfully so. If Lucic returns the 13th, a player equivalent to a late first and Colin Miller... there is Shattenkirk's value. Without an extension.

except the bruins retained 2.75M on Lucic's salary.... I doubt the Blues were going to offer to do that. thus some value dips... and it'll only go down now as teams will have less time with him on their roster if the blues do in fact start the season with him.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
1. because he's way older. 2. he was declining. 3. cap issues. 4. these aren't related at all.

he was 27 or so when that deal was made? and signed a deal w/ the Isles... I don't think there was any issue of decline if anything NYI fleeced boston with that trade. the problem was Boychuck needed a new deal and they couldn't fit it under the cap the following season so they cut bait.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
he was 27 or so when that deal was made? and signed a deal w/ the Isles... I don't think there was any issue of decline if anything NYI fleeced boston with that trade. the problem was Boychuck needed a new deal and they couldn't fit it under the cap the following season so they cut bait.

He was 30, a couple of months from 31.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Wouldn't mind Ottawa making an offer for him. A 2017 1st and Zibanejad for Shattenkirk could work.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines

Pretty much the same
cap issues = same
not a number one guy = same

The main reason Shattenirk was rumoured to be on the block is because in St Loius he is going be the bottom pairing guy now with Parayko and Pietrangelo. Boychuk was on the second pair and if he stayed on Boston he would be on the top pair for the last 2 years. So age is off slightly but so many similarities, better quit while your behind.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
He was 30, a couple of months from 31.

Both players, Boychuk and Shattenkirk were born in January to be clear and if the asking price was Pastrnak and 2 picks, no way I do that. Thats like the Blues giving up One pick and Fabbri for Krug. Krug is younger with slightly less pts in the last 3 years and Pastrnak is more proven and minus one pick.

Blues have the right to over ask all they want. Means they are just pricing themsleves out of a trade. Now that Backes is gone they could keep him but as a 3rd pairing guy and as an valuable asset. They have all this year so no panic but guys have walked for free if they wait too long. I still think the Rangers is where he will end up.

Last edited:

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
Wouldn't mind Ottawa making an offer for him. A 2017 1st and Zibanejad for Shattenkirk could work.

????

This is a joke, right?

- We have our top 4 D, we arent paying 4.5 (I think it was) for Shatty to play on our bottom pairing or 7 for Phaneuf to play on our bottom pairing, and Ceci needs top 4 time to continue his development. And we have Chabot on the way...
- WAY too much to give up for what is pretty much a guaranteed rental, and when we are not a Shattenkirk away from a Cup

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

You realize he will get paid at least Dion money....right? That's 14 million on 2 D men.....can the Sens do that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad