Shattenkirk Stats Bumped or Silently Playing Well?

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
I think that being an ultra slick passer is the highlight of Shattenkirk's game, but I am not downplaying the rest of his skills at all. His passing is right up there with the best we have had on the point. I don't think that we have had a stronger offensive tandem, since Pronger and MacInnis. Shattenkirk is like a Steve Duchesne that can play defense too. I have been thoroughly impressed by him. We fleeced the Avs big time. I wouldn't trade Shattenkirk for EJ. Shatty and Petro are cornerstones that we can't let depart. You can fill in reliable guys (Jackman's, Polak's, etc.) around them and have one heck of a defense. Just my opinion.

BlueBeard

Aug 17, 2008
EJ leading the Avs in minutes but 1 assist in 5 games.

And that's one more point than Shea Weber has.

In a shortened season with some players playing before and others not it's really not worth worrying about stats(good or bad) for a while. Shattenkirk looks closer to mid season form than a lot of other d-men. Add that to a team on a scoring hot streak and it's going to make him look better than he really is. He's earning those points and their might be an increase in level of play but you really cannot determine that until teams start to settle into their systems more.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
I don't think it is far off to say that what the Devils had in Scott Niedermayer and Brian Rafalski, the Blues have in Alex Pietrangelo and Kevin Shattenkirk.

Amazingly the Devils also had Scott Stevens. Geez.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I don't think it is far off to say that what the Devils had in Scott Niedermayer and Brian Rafalski, the Blues have in Alex Pietrangelo and Kevin Shattenkirk.

Amazingly the Devils also had Scott Stevens. Geez.

We COULD'VE had PRONGER, STEVENS and MACINNIS.

But hey we got petro, shatty and REDDEN now :yo:;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad