Post-Game Talk: SHATTENCAPS @ rags 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
interesting that Ranger fans seem to be unhappy that no one including their captain challenged Ovechkin after he hit Fast. My first thought was that Wilson is out with Ovechkin and challenging him would mean getting Wilson.

Meanwhile, my favorite moment of the night was Nicky calling Nash a ***** and a diver for grabbing Backstrom's stick and falling down. That made me laugh

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Great thing from rmnb:

ea8a36a8ec2b3008a327495392a104231e03d673b1fb9343869a030003dec52d.png

Todos a la Calle

Mar 30, 2015
Mexico City
We win. We are good. It's awesome. It's the regular season though.

Look, the Shattenkirk trade is huge/big time/a difference maker.

However, the Winnik for Laich and a 2nd deserves some praise at this point. The guy is a hard working player, sacrifices for the team, and knows his role/does it well. He's a favorite of mine - and he's earned it by hard work.

Time to show some appreciation for that trade. Winnik has been fantastic.

Yep. See username.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
What a satisfying win, especially after a crappy first period.

Wilson and Orlov have both grown a ton as complete players since the end of last season. I've never been a big Wilson fan, but I'm coming around. He's playing a pretty good possession game right now. Throw in dumpster dive Connelly and you have three guys playing above their contracts.

If Ovie ever comes around watch out.

maybam

Mar 30, 2010
After watching him today, I think it's pretty clear that Ovi hasn't been engaged mentally for quite a while. He was actually moving his feet today. I'm not sure if that has to do with the change in dynamic with Wilson on his line, or new enthusiasm because of the trade, but he looked a lot better today.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I got home around 12:30 didn't have the energy tonight to watch the whole replay so I just did the condensed version. Good to hear the positive thoughts on SKirk. I think he's going to be a big boost for PP1 if nothing else. He looked a little lost on the Rags goal but that's to be expected he jumped off a plane and suited up with a new team. Hopefully with more practice he continues to grow with the team. :)

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Good to see the Caps dominate the Rangers and at MSG to boot. :handclap:

Also, great to see the Pens blow a 2-0 after 2 periods and lose to Dallas. :D

Couple that with C'bus only getting one point and it was an excellent day for the Caps.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
If you want to read a fanbase really hating on their team(even in comparison to people here) look at the PGT for the Rangers.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Good to see the Caps dominate the Rangers and at MSG to boot. :handclap:

Also, great to see the Pens blow a 2-0 after 2 periods and lose to Dallas. :D

Couple that with C'bus only getting one point and it was an excellent day for the Caps.

Pens do nothing or very little at the TDL (it would be hilarious if they ended up keeping MAF) and our week is complete.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Willy crunched Stepan pretty good, compressed his entire torso and I think it knocked the wind out of him. #quickwhistle. Does anyone think Willy would get the quick whistle, roles reversed?

It was nice to see him making some plays, hanging on 1. I think everyone would have to admit he didn't look out of place.

I will even say I have seen signs of improvement in every single phase of his game. Skating, passing, smart play, defense, shooting maybe the least of the lot.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
RH, was thinking about you when Wilson smoked Stepan in the left wing corner and then Ov smoked somebody in the right wing corner on the same puck.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
My three stars:
1. Marcus Johansson, (I like the taste of crow)
2. Daniel Winnik, last night was a perfect example of his value to this team
3. Tom Wilson, his energy, physical play and he didn't look all that out of place on the first line

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Willy crunched Stepan pretty good, compressed his entire torso and I think it knocked the wind out of him. #quickwhistle. Does anyone think Willy would get the quick whistle, roles reversed?

It was nice to see him making some plays, hanging on 1. I think everyone would have to admit he didn't look out of place.

I will even say I have seen signs of improvement in every single phase of his game. Skating, passing, smart play, defense, shooting maybe the least of the lot

As I said in the Tom Wilson thread, anyone who isn't seeing this simply has a personal agenda. Wilson has improved steadily and noticeably over the course of this season. Some areas of his game have improved dramatically (defense, PK ability) and some of his game has improved incrementally (passing, offensive zone play), but he's clearly developing as a player and is knocking on the door as a player who will be a core part of this team moving forward. He has a very heavy shot that I wish he'd use more and I'd love to see him lock himself in a room this summer and study film on how to be more effective in the forward third of the ice but I am very pleased with his progress year to date.

I think the only person on this team who has improved more year over year than Wilson is Pizza Orlov. Always knew he had the raw physical ability and talent but his work on the defensive zone has been a huge step forward.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA

I will even say I have seen signs of improvement in every single phase of his game. Skating, passing, smart play, defense, shooting maybe the least of the lot.

Enjoyed that hit by Willy on Stepan. Always remember Mike Green in first game back from an injury and Stepan nailed Green in the melon right in front of the referees and no call with Green going straight to the locker room thereafter.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009

Wilson has been excellent in recent weeks and has been incredibly strong on the puck.

1st line Wilson was crushing fools last night. Poor Stepan trying to draw a penalty and get some sympathy while crying.

RE: Ovechkin

He made several outstanding defensive plays last night in addition to brining the pain. He seems to hit a lot more with Wilson on his line and feeds of his energy I think.

Shattenkirk looked great.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013

Wilson blocked a shot and then took an elbow to his head when he was on his knees from Manning earlier this season. Referees didn't blow the whistle despite Wilson staying down. Flyers scored.

No.

Rangers fans are pissed because they got manhandled. Stepan and McDonagh both went slowly back to the bench (Stepan multiple times) during the game. Kreider left the game early after taking a hit. Fast left the game entirely after taking a hit from Ovechkin. They had no answer physically.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
This Caps team is so inconsistent with its physical play. Does Barry designate some games as hitting games, but not others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad