Injury Report: Sharp - Possible Knee Injury (out 3-4 weeks)

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
Did I say either was better?

The team that I'm watching is playing good hockey and I do not miss P. Sharp.

Do you not want to ice the best team? If you're interested in putting the best team on the ice then you would miss Sharp when his replacement is Nordstrom/Carcillo. Why don't you miss him?

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Do you not want to ice the best team? If you're interested in putting the best team on the ice then you would miss Sharp when his replacement is Nordstrom/Carcillo. Why don't you miss him?

I want to ice the team that plays the best. Sometimes the most talent isn't all that's necessary.

Honestly I do not think of Sharp for a second while watching the game, let alone pine for his return.

Not blaming Sharp for anything, just things are working now w/o him.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
It is easy not to miss him when the team is playing well with him out of the line up. I don't get why this is a big deal.

If they had a losing record on the circus trip, he would have been missed in the line up.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
I want to ice the team that plays the best. Sometimes the most talent isn't all that's necessary.

Honestly I do not think of Sharp for a second while watching the game, let alone pine for his return.

Not blaming Sharp for anything, just things are working now w/o him.

So you think the best team that the Hawks can ice doesn't include Sharp? I really don't understand how you can not care if one of our best players plays or not.

EricRealm

Oct 22, 2013
I think its actually pretty crazy how well they played without him lately.

We're looking great overall but he was out best forward when he went down and line 1 isn't looking anything too special right now. We were still playing great team d before his injury. Our forecheck, passing, and major league turnovers have improved but the biggest difference right now is line 2 is on fire. Maybe with Sharp our November looks like last year's when he and Kane got hot and we averaged 4.5 goals a game.

Last edited:

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
It astonishes me how many people seem to think us playing well without Sharp in this recent stretch equates to us being better without him in general. Are u guys really that simple minded? Tell me you dont see the flaw in your thinking....yes, its quite obvious we're still a good team without him. But, are we BETTER? Of course not. Better with Joakim Nordstrom in the lineup instead of Patrick freakin' Sharp? Really? Wake up.

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
But guys, we won 5-6 on the trip without him. It's that simple. Get rid of him immediately! We don't need him! He's terrible. He's why we were inconsistent and losing. Bye....Bye....Sharpie...We hate to see you go.

In all seriousness, I am glad #10 will be back in the lineup in time for me to see the boys in Nashville on Saturday. Just hoping Crawford is as well.

mtxed

Aug 17, 2007
People only look at short term results. Guess they forgot the impact Sharp made all of last year. Surely the Blackhawks would have had the same success playing Versteeg 78 games instead of Sharpie. Probably could have won more Cups without Sharpie in the last 5 years. Shame they only got 2.

Sharp-Toews-Hossa /end

DayNah

Ship it donk!
Feb 11, 2010
It's incredible how some of you twist words and try and make it sound like people hate Sharp. The team has looked great without him. No one can deny that. Their PP has been better, every line is clicking. Sure maybe everyone is playing better? Who cares? It's not a knock at Sharp. Having Sharp instead of Nordstrom would make the team better. No one is denying that nor ever denied it.

It's no surprise that Sharp is most likely not going to be in a Hawks uniform next year. Unless Tallon decides to help out Bowman again we're gonna be stuck with Bickell. I've heard Seabrook's name thrown around in trade rumors too, but this team needs defense way more than offense so i can't see why they'd trade away our #2 dman? Doesn't make sense to me. This whole trip without him has done nothing but made some of us think "hey we may still be a decent team next year. We can win some games without our top point getter". That's how I've taken it. Some of you just want to argue for the sake of arguing.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
The task before Sharp when he returns is to get back some good ES play. So far his numbers are 9 points and 3 goals; all his goals and 6 of his 9 points are on the PP. Much like Toews and the rest of the team early on, he was invisible ES. I'm sure that's gonna change but still the fact that the team has been winning without him does lend to expendibility--just like Saad's lack of O in a contract year does lend to less of a payrise, and well and expendency if a team offersheets him.

Doesn't mean any of us would like to lose either, but if a piece goes down and the team keeps winning it adds to their superfluousness.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad