Injury Report: Sharp - Possible Knee Injury (out 3-4 weeks)

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I hope he's okay. In the meantime... Our best wing prospect is McNeill. Other candidates are Teuvo, Danault, Hartman, Regin.

It would be very Q to ask for Regin.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I hope he's okay. In the meantime... Our best wing prospect is McNeill. Other candidates are Teuvo, Danault, Hartman, Regin.

It would be very Q to ask for Regin.

I don't see the problem with that for a few games, to be honest. He likely didn't expect to be down there in the first place. Let the guy with experience come and play and the kids can continue their hot start. TT/Nord/Regin is my likely guess for who comes up to replace Sharp.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I don't see the problem with that for a few games, to be honest. He likely didn't expect to be down there in the first place. Let the guy with experience come and play and the kids can continue their hot start. TT/Nord/Regin is my likely guess for who comes up to replace Sharp.

Forgot about Nordstrom but he's also in the mix. He's the captain though which is kind of weird.

Your Reality Check

Nov 11, 2013
Chicago
Interesting how alot of you assume it's only going to be a few games. That injury and his reaction had season ending all over it. I wouldn't expect him back for a long time.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Hoping for Danault, McNeil, or Teuvo. Hartman could use a full season in the AHL, Regin would have to go through waivers to be sent back down, and I was never that impressed with Nordstrom.

Sharp's injury will negatively affect my GDT against San Jose, but I'm adaptable.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
@MarkLazerus: For what it's worth, and it's not worth much, "for a bit" in QSpeak generally means a few weeks or more. #Blackhawks

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I agree Shaft, I want Denault, TT, or McNeil. If this is for a while, I say it's TT time. But they may not want to do that quite yet.

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
Q saying a few weeks. Not season-ending from what the people on the beat are saying. Meaning not a tear. Likely a sprain. Similar to Kane prior to '13 playoffs. They'll survive. Good news if you ask me.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Interesting how alot of you assume it's only going to be a few games. That injury and his reaction had season ending all over it. I wouldn't expect him back for a long time.

Q stated he'll be out for "a bit". That's the same comment he made when Versteeg got injured before the beginning of the year, as well as when Carcillo went down.

It'll be weeks, maybe even a solid month, but it WONT be season ending.

skiba77777

Jun 24, 2013
Q saying a few weeks. Not season-ending from what the people on the beat are saying. Meaning not a tear. Likely a sprain. Similar to Kane prior to '13 playoffs. They'll survive. Good news if you ask me.

Yeah, as long as it's not season ending, it's not a big deal. Not a lot of teams can say that about the loss of a player of Sharps caliber, but the Hawks can.

skiba77777

Jun 24, 2013
I don't get the point of this post.

You're criticizing people who are saying it will only be a few games, then you predict a season ending injury because of the way it looked. Overly optimistic people aren't nearly as annoying as the people who predict doom and gloom because of how it "looked".

Kathryn Tappen

yeah whatever ****
Jun 17, 2013
Mayers just said Regin or Nordstrom. Ugh.

I can live with that. Let's determine how long Sharp is going to be out first of all. I think I'd rather see Danault / McNeill, but whatever. Maybe they're going to put Shaw on the wing temporarily.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Weeks not days.

As long as it's weeks not months, Hawks can manage and hopefully Sharp get back into form a while before the playoffs.

Without putting either Carcillo or Sharp on LTIR, Hawks have room to bring up Regin or Nordstrom.

To bring up guys like TT, Danault, McNeill, Hartman, or Carey the Hawks need to IR somebody for cap room.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Mayers just said Regin or Nordstrom. Ugh.

tracy-morgan-hell-no-o.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad