Prospect Info: Sharks summer development camp 7/4-7/6

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Right now, I'm thinking we have five prospects with realistic second-pairing ceilings: Thrun, Mukhamadullin, Laroque, Hävelid, and Furlong. I either don't know enough about anyone else or don't think they have that kind of upside (which is obviously not to be taken with anything save a lot of salt - of course I'm going to be wrong about things).

If we can get two hits out of those five, that'd go a long way to fixing our defensive depth. Still need a legitimate #1, though, and I don't think we have anyone likely to be that.
Realistically, I wouldn’t include Laroque at this point, he’s had too many injuries and missed too much development time. Even before his injuries, I was just hoping for a great #5, which I’m still hoping for but with less certainty.

I also don’t know if I agree Furlong has that kind of upside. Like Kcoyote, I’d sub Cagnoni for Furlong with the caveat that Cagnoni is very boom-bust.

I still feel like Grier has done a great job at re-stocking the cupboard with a lot of middle-pairing quality prospects, and like I said even if he isn’t a top-pairing defenseman himself I feel that Thrun could complement a true #1D just fine.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Realistically, I wouldn’t include Laroque at this point, he’s had too many injuries and missed too much development time. Even before his injuries, I was just hoping for a great #5, which I’m still hoping for but with less certainty.

There's always some prospect that gets the injury bug and never quite makes it. It's always such a bummer. Even if they weren't blue chip it still smarts. Like Dylan Sadowy or Jeremy Roy. I'm sure there's more but those came to mind quickly for whatever reasons. Hopefully Laroque can stay healthy going forward.

Reactions: Sandisfan

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose

I also don’t know if I agree Furlong has that kind of upside. Like Kcoyote, I’d sub Cagnoni for Furlong with the caveat that Cagnoni is very boom-bust.

I still feel like Grier has done a great job at re-stocking the cupboard with a lot of middle-pairing quality prospects, and like I said even if he isn’t a top-pairing defenseman himself I feel that Thrun could complement a true #1D just fine.
I'm pretty intrigued with Cagnoni. What do you think is his upside?

sharks_dynasty

Oct 25, 2006
San Jose, CA
Looks like players are heading out today. I’m at SJC airport and just ran into Horbach. Also saw another player but couldn’t identify him. These young guys are in great shape!

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
I'm pretty intrigued with Cagnoni. What do you think is his upside?
Players that he was referred in Elite Prospects draft book were Vince Dunn and Sam Girard, so he's in a very good company.
Draft ranking by Elite Prospects had him #34 all around. Also ranked #3 best offensive defencemen and #2 best transition defencemen by Elite Prospects. Boom or bust, but I feel boom :)

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Not trying to be the pronunciation police here for everyone but this is driving me nuts …It’s Misty …Not Musty..

btw, I’m ultra impressed with the overall camaraderie of these guys. Our entire prospect pool. These guys have tons of personality and they genuinely like each other.
lol, you almost had me there.

*"Shovels" was better

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Players that he was referred in Elite Prospects draft book were Vince Dunn and Sam Girard, so he's in a very good company.
Draft ranking by Elite Prospects had him #34 all around. Also ranked #3 best offensive defencemen and #2 best transition defencemen by Elite Prospects. Boom or bust, but I feel boom :)
wow that's second round.

why did he drop so much? size?

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
wow that's second round.

why did he drop so much? size?
I feel like it was totally on size unfortunately. But fortunately for us we got him. I think size is trending in NHL again, so it was a good pick by MG at that spot. Hopefully we get our PP2 QB in Cagnoni.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad