Confirmed with Link: Sharks sign Quentin Musty to 3 year ELC

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Wolves Fan here, surely they aren’t thinking about keeping him up there this season right?
I would be absolutely shocked if they did. This management group doesn't seem like they want to rush prospects, Musty is nowhere near ready, and there's already too many people with contracts to try and fit in.

Musty gets a nice signing bonus right now, and his contract will slide at least a year. I suspect he'll be in Sudbury for the next two years (I doubt he'll be NHL-ready next year).

CTrain10

Mar 23, 2023
I would be absolutely shocked if they did. This management group doesn't seem like they want to rush prospects, Musty is nowhere near ready, and there's already too many people with contracts to try and fit in.

Musty gets a nice signing bonus right now, and his contract will slide at least a year. I suspect he'll be in Sudbury for the next two years (I doubt he'll be NHL-ready next year).
Yea happy for him, he’s worked hard for us. Gonna be one of our two key pieces in a team that should contend for a maiden OHL championship! And if he’s back next year we can probably trade him and get a boatload too 😃

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Yea happy for him, he’s worked hard for us. Gonna be one of our two key pieces in a team that should contend for a maiden OHL championship! And if he’s back next year we can probably trade him and get a boatload too 😃
He looked good in preseason so far and progressed with each game. I do agree it's unlikely he will stay with us but he impressed and he would deserve a 9 game tryout if we had the room for him. I think if the Sharks had a more established star-studded roster, I could see him sticking in a sheltered NHL role like we did with a young Hertl.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
He looked good in preseason so far and progressed with each game. I do agree it's unlikely he will stay with us but he impressed and he would deserve a 9 game tryout if we had the room for him. I think if the Sharks had a more established star-studded roster, I could see him sticking in a sheltered NHL role like we did with a young Hertl.
Musty is almost a year younger than Hertl was in his draft year. I think Musty will play two more years in the OHL before making the jump. I’d be surprised if he ever spent much time in the AHL, if everything goes right.

jarr92

May 7, 2013
Musty is almost a year younger than Hertl was in his draft year. I think Musty will play two more years in the OHL before making the jump. I’d be surprised if he ever spent much time in the AHL, if everything goes right.
How did Musty fall to #26? It’s crazy he’s so young and already showing he can hang.

Reactions: Sandisfan

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
How did Musty fall to #26? It’s crazy he’s so young and already showing he can hang.
I think there were 3 main issues from the scouting reports I read. His first half was kinda mediocre, there were concerns with how his offensive style would translate to pro levels, and his compete and skating is inconsistent right now.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I think there were 3 main issues from the scouting reports I read. His first half was kinda mediocre, there were concerns with how his offensive style would translate to pro levels, and his compete and skating is inconsistent right now.
wasnt he the one with mono?

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad