Confirmed with Link: Sharks sign John Scott

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I understand you hate Brown and Scott but why would you honestly think that? Why would guy in his 4th NHL game and a young grinder not known for toughness be scarier than two of the most notorious enforcers in the NHL, a full five inches and 32 pounds more than the other duo?

Honestly, I'm more scared of guys like Lapierre than guys like Brown or Scott. He's a wildcard and he's scum that can play(arguably).

DystopianTierney

V^V^V 2050 V^V^V
May 3, 2014
Campbell, CA
Honestly, I'm more scared of guys like Lapierre than guys like Brown or Scott. He's a wildcard and he's scum that can play(arguably).

Because Lapierre has no honor? Lapierre is a poodle when you have eyes on him, but turns into (in his mind) a pitbull when you turn your back.

Scott is easily the scariest dude in the league. He is Chara big, and he isn't out there to play hockey.

It's an absolute waste of cap, but Brown and Scott are two of the scariest guys in the league when it comes to getting trucked or punked. Sharks have the best of both weight classes. ..... Be afraid! :dunno:

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Obviously Plattner has been in secret using that SAP money to develop a way for someone to jack into and control the body of another. So he's gonna have someone with a very high hockey iq and great instincts jack into Scotts body during games solving our need to find another top 4 dman.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Obviously Plattner has been in secret using that SAP money to develop a way for someone to jack into and control the body of another. So he's gonna have someone with a very high hockey iq and great instincts jack into Scotts body during games solving our need to find another top 4 dman.

Maybe Couture can be that #1C if he becomes 6'8 270 lbs...

Nah he probably still couldn't without daddy Patty

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Ewww can you stop with the "daddy patty" posts? We get it, you think he carries couture.

It really throws me off too. Like it just crawls under my skin and leaves bits of icky there. Especially with the pic of Tageson. Makes me imagine bad things.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Looking at a couple of Youtube videos, I think Scott is going to be a guy who gets reputation calls against him. Being 6'8" it is hard not to go shoulder to head (al la Eriksson), but I think we will see a few Torres-esque calls against him.

But I did love that hit on Eriksson and listening to Milbury and McGuire lose their ****. :)

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Looking at a couple of Youtube videos, I think Scott is going to be a guy who gets reputation calls against him. Being 6'8" it is hard not to go shoulder to head (al la Eriksson), but I think we will see a few Torres-esque calls against him.

But I did love that hit on Eriksson and listening to Milbury and McGuire lose their ****. :)

He definitely gets reputation calls.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX

Like Larry Robinson? :naughty:

Hold the Pickles

Aug 16, 2003
03-K64
So John Scott will be a predator drone with LR at the helm, I likey.

Makes sense he's not going to be behind the bench anymore... too suspicious out there with a remote control.

FSS

Aug 2, 2012
It's amazing how a player like John Scott gets a 500+ post thread, but I guess that's the proof of what a headscratcher of a signing this is. I wasn't happy when we brought Brown back, and haven't even wanted to acknowledge this Scott signing. These types of players are dinosaurs who are going extinct before our eyes. Unless we are trying to corner the market in a soon to be extinct species, I don't know what the plan is with them.

hateseed

TentacleGrapeSoda
Aug 3, 2011
Coastal California
It's amazing how a player like John Scott gets a 500+ post thread, but I guess that's the proof of what a headscratcher of a signing this is. I wasn't happy when we brought Brown back, and haven't even wanted to acknowledge this Scott signing. These types of players are dinosaurs who are going extinct before our eyes. Unless we are trying to corner the market in a soon to be extinct species, I don't know what the plan is with them.

If the rumors are true, and the Sharks are soon to be minus Thornton and Marleau (I'll believe it when I see it), you might need said dinosaurs to protect the young rookies (see: Hertl) when teams can literally out-physical/experience the younger roster. I don't agree, but I see that as the thought-process.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
If the rumors are true, and the Sharks are soon to be minus Thornton and Marleau (I'll believe it when I see it), you might need said dinosaurs to protect the young rookies (see: Hertl) when teams can literally out-physical/experience the younger roster. I don't agree, but I see that as the thought-process.

why, thornton and patty arent out there "protecting" anybody. Yea, the Sharks need to hit back but Scott isnt going to do **** about that.

FSS

Aug 2, 2012

Just Brown or Scott would do (and then I choose Brown by a mile), we certainly don't need two Dinobots out there.

hateseed

TentacleGrapeSoda
Aug 3, 2011
Coastal California
why, thornton and patty arent out there "protecting" anybody. Yea, the Sharks need to hit back but Scott isnt going to do **** about that.

No, but the attention is mainly focused on them. If the Sharks second line is Neito-Hertl-Wingo, tell me how you'd approach that match-up as the opposition?

That and, I don't think you should undervalue Thornton's impact on the ice. He's probably the most prone to fight top center in the league (someone correct me if I'm wrong). He doesn't fight a lot, because there are few at his skill level that he's willing to be off the ice for 5 minutes for, but that doesn't stop him from fighting or challenging people when its required. I've seen other team's players declines fights with Thornton more than any other Shark.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
No, but the attention is mainly focused on them. If the Sharks second line is Neito-Hertl-Wingo, tell me how you'd approach that match-up as the opposition?

That and, I don't think you should undervalue Thornton's impact on the ice. He's probably the most prone to fight top center in the league (someone correct me if I'm wrong). He doesn't fight a lot, because there are few at his skill level that he's willing to be off the ice for 5 minutes for, but that doesn't stop him from fighting or challenging people when its required. I've seen other team's players declines fights with Thornton more than any other Shark.

In actuality, it's guys like Tommy Wingels that have more of an impact on that kind of stuff than guys like John Scott. Ryane Clowe was doing a decent job at it and then stopped after he went overboard in Columbus. Enforcers aren't the way to go to protect regular young players. You need regular players willing to take that task on and it's at its best if that player can play with those young players.

hateseed

TentacleGrapeSoda
Aug 3, 2011
Coastal California
In actuality, it's guys like Tommy Wingels that have more of an impact on that kind of stuff than guys like John Scott. Ryane Clowe was doing a decent job at it and then stopped after he went overboard in Columbus. Enforcers aren't the way to go to protect regular young players. You need regular players willing to take that task on and it's at its best if that player can play with those young players.

I completely agree with you, but i think a fuse box blew for DW, unless there's some kind of master-stroke pending we can't see. Although, unless that master-stroke involves unloading Burish and/or Scott, I probably wouldn't be happy.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

I thought that was Vancouver he went overboard on. Anyway yeah that makes sense, but I don't think that John Scott is there for anything other than intimidation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad