Confirmed with Link: Sharks sign F Scott Sabourin to 2 year deal

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
noah gregor replacement? or cj suess replacement?

Sabourin's a 6'4" AHL goon. 177 PIMs last season. 30 years old.

He did randomly put up some points for Belleville last season, 33 in 51GP. He was kicking around the AHL Pacific for a while before that, though.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Sabourin's a 6'4" AHL goon. 177 PIMs last season. 30 years old.

He did randomly put up some points for Belleville last season, 33 in 51GP. He was kicking around the AHL Pacific for a while before that, though.
That season sounds remarkably like Viel's.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
That season sounds remarkably like Viel's.

That's probably the idea behind his signing, replacing Viel. That last season is an outlier so far though, his previous high was 26 points all the way back in 2013-14. Maybe he really is a very late bloomer, who knows.

I haven't seen him since he was on the Gulls and Stockton Heat a few years ago, let's just say he was not much of a scoring threat in those days. We're going to need some size on the Cuda, though, and he fits the bill.

Reactions: timorous me

Skeksis25

Feb 17, 2023
Sharks should obviously not be splurging in FA, but most of these signings seem like moves for the sake of making moves. Hopefully Duclair can find a spark and become worth some kinda asset at the deadline. But those are the types of players I was hoping we would sign for cheap. Ones that you could maybe flip for some mid round picks at the deadline.

Unless there is actual thought behind these moves that are beyond me, such as making the Barracuda better to help development of actual prospects or something, they feel like moves being made just to show you are doing something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad