Confirmed with Link: Sharks re-sign Jacob Peterson to 1 year deal 775k

Painful Quandary

Mar 22, 2015
California
No downside to this. It gives the Sharks a better sample size if they want to offer him a multi-year deal while it also gives them an option to trade him at the deadline if they are offered a good deal.

Reactions: Sandisfan

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
Nice move by GMMG to follow the draft.
I’m liking what I’m seeing now that he’s getting past cleaning up some of the mess he was handed!

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Still not used to players like this getting league-minimum (and two-way!) contracts.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Doug Wilson was a dentist for sure, turns out he was a gentle and very giving dentist.
I'm all for being harsh toward Doug Wilson, but this is a new trend. With the cap rising so slowly, everyone is feeling the crunch so the modes 200-300k a player could make over the league minimum is gone.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I'm all for being harsh toward Doug Wilson, but this is a new trend. With the cap rising so slowly, everyone is feeling the crunch so the modes 200-300k a player could make over the league minimum is gone.
I dont know if i necessarily agree with you just yet, gonna need to see a largersample size (see more signings come in in the next few days).

So far it seems like GMs are still overpaying just from looking at the Barbashev, Kampf, Hill, Sharangovich signings.

One thing I think is for sure though, DW went soft later in his tenure with regard to contracts. He used to only give five-year deals. Then he succumbed to these monster eight-year deals and overpaying for bottom-six forwards.

Grier here, might be putting his foot down.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
I dont know if i necessarily agree with you just yet, gonna need to see a largersample size (see more signings come in in the next few days).

So far it seems like GMs are still overpaying just from looking at the Barbashev, Kampf, Hill, Sharangovich signings.

One thing I think is for sure though, DW went soft later in his tenure with regard to contracts. He used to only give five-year deals. Then he succumbed to these monster eight-year deals and overpaying for bottom-six forwards.

Grier here, might be putting his foot down.
DW stood tall for years after many other GMs bled lengthy contracts. With San Jose being a hard destination to attract players, he deserves mountains of credit for keeping star players here through his time here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad