Waived: Sharks put Adam Burish on waivers

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
June 6, 2015 is what capgeek says for the default date on there buyout calculator.

Yeah...the CBA allows for three buyouts outside the normal window but Burish doesn't make enough money to qualify for it. The base mark for the CBA was 2.75 mil and then it goes up as the average player salary goes up.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Yeah an "agitator" who doesn't hit or agitate and has the puck skills of an eggplant. The only thing he agitates are fans and his coaches.

He glides a lot. I jokingly tweeted he could turn into a marginal AHL player, but I'm not all that certain he'd look good in the ECHL.

I hope he's saved his money, because I'm betting his career is over when his current contract is up.

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
Yeah an "agitator" who doesn't hit or agitate and has the puck skills of an eggplant. The only thing he agitates are fans and his coaches.

tumblr_mftkijaiwU1rlz3jao1_500.gif

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
He glides a lot. I jokingly tweeted he could turn into a marginal AHL player, but I'm not all that certain he'd look good in the ECHL.

I hope he's saved his money, because I'm betting his career is over when his current contract is up.

Chris Pronger was right after all. :laugh: he would end up in the minors!

Helistin

Dustin's equilibrium
Aug 12, 2006
Close to you
Wow, Burish is pretty bad...

Greatest con-artist in hockey , masquerading as a hockey player for years. But he did good for himself and gets to walk away with a big pile of money considering he had no talent , not physical ,no hockey iq , no hockey skills.
Good for him.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
Greatest con-artist in hockey , masquerading as a hockey player for years. But he did good for himself and gets to walk away with a big pile of money considering he had no talent , not physical ,no hockey iq , no hockey skills.
Good for him.

They seem to end up in SJ a lot. Those marginal NHLers who DW sees and says "Oh but he has a cup!" Whether it be Huskins, Wallin, Burish, etc. etc. etc.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
They seem to end up in SJ a lot. Those marginal NHLers who DW sees and says "Oh but he has a cup!" Whether it be Huskins, Wallin, Burish, etc. etc. etc.

Huskins and Wallin are on a complete other level from Burish. They deserved their cup and played with class.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Word on the street is Burish's agent has been told that pretty much any deal he can negotiate with another team for Burish will be approved by San Jose, and that DW gave the agent a list if things that would result in the Sharks declining a trade offer.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Word on the street is Burish's agent has been told that pretty much any deal he can negotiate with another team for Burish will be approved by San Jose, and that DW gave the agent a list if things that would result in the Sharks declining a trade offer.
Burish for future considerations

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

So what you're saying is that you're stuck with him?

Helistin

Dustin's equilibrium
Aug 12, 2006
Close to you
If his agent can convince some GM he is worth a roster spot i'd say he is the best agent is the business.
Pretty sure Sharks would be more than happy with any deal that doesn't make them eat salary or take a bad contract back.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
If his agent can convince some GM he is worth a roster spot i'd say he is the best agent is the business.
Pretty sure Sharks would be more than happy with any deal that doesn't make them eat salary or take a bad contract back.

Burish counts for $900k (give or take) against the cap, so anything under that would probably be doable for the Sharks.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Burish counts for $900k (give or take) against the cap, so anything under that would probably be doable for the Sharks.

I think they'd even do around Burish's salary if the player was an actual energy guy to play on the lower lines that can kill penalties. Like a competent hockey player version of Mike Brown.

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
Say Burish found someone that wanted him but at a reduced cost. Could he void his own contract?

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Say Burish found someone that wanted him but at a reduced cost. Could he void his own contract?

I would say yes, but it would also have to be agreed to by wilson/league first.

Didn't someone a year or 2 ago void there contract so they could head over seas to play and the team allowed it.

Only thing I am not sure about is if he would be able to play in the nhl.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I would say yes, but it would also have to be agreed to by wilson/league first.

Didn't someone a year or 2 ago void there contract so they could head over seas to play and the team allowed it.

Only thing I am not sure about is if he would be able to play in the nhl.

Wasn't it Kovy who retired.

Helistin

Dustin's equilibrium
Aug 12, 2006
Close to you
It's not unheard of for Euro's that for some reason or another want to head back to Europe to come into agreement with the club that they will terminate the contract but i don't think it will work as easily if the player plans to play in North America/NHL again.
Most recent example i think was Kontiola this season who headed back to KHL after terminating his contract with the Leafs.
But this talk is pretty pointless , no way Burish would do that/or is it allowed. For a bad hockey player that a lot of money in the bank to throw away for something that might not happen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad