Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Thread XX

OversKy

Oct 12, 2023
None of them are stars but they're all smart complementary wingers who shouldn't be too expensive or demand too much term which IMO is what we should be targeting. Celebrini and Smith need decent linemates.
Agreed, I could just see Debrusk especially being more trouble than he's worth.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
London is an absolute wagon.

The shot clock was better than 2:1 in favor of London for almost the whole game. The final score was 9-1 London.

Halttunen was the first star with the hat trick and 4 points.

Now I'm just settling in for Portland/Moose Jaw game 2. I know we've seen tons of "hey it's that guy's kid!" players in the NHL, but seeing that the Winterhawks feature Patrik Stefan's son is an all time "holy balls I'm really old" moment.

Also got a good laugh that the pre-game talked about how they play this game and then hop on the busses for the 17 hour drive from Portland to Moose Jaw for game 3 on Tuesday. I know that reasonably they can depart tomorrow, drive for 8 or 9 hours, stay overnight in the BC interior/western Alberta, then do another 8 or 9 hours on Monday to get to Moose Jaw in time to stay the night and wake up at a reasonable time on game day. But still...

Isn't junior hockey fun? :laugh:

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
The shot clock was better than 2:1 in favor of London for almost the whole game. The final score was 9-1 London.

Halttunen was the first star with the hat trick and 4 points.

Now I'm just settling in for Portland/Moose Jaw game 2. I know we've seen tons of "hey it's that guy's kid!" players in the NHL, but seeing that the Winterhawks feature Patrik Stefan's son is an all time "holy balls I'm really old" moment.

Also got a good laugh that the pre-game talked about how they play this game and then hop on the busses for the 17 hour drive from Portland to Moose Jaw for game 3 on Tuesday. I know that reasonably they can depart tomorrow, drive for 8 or 9 hours, stay overnight in the BC interior/western Alberta, then do another 8 or 9 hours on Monday to get to Moose Jaw in time to stay the night and wake up at a reasonable time on game day. But still...

Isn't junior hockey fun? :laugh:
What is this stopping in the middle on a 17 hour drive BS? It's not like they are driving straight through from SE BC to San Jose.

Which I will never, ever willingly do again.

Reactions: Sandisfan

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
1-0 Moose Jaw after a period.

Considering they were the better team for the regular season it's a bit surprising seeing the Winterhawks have been mostly contained through a game and a period so far.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
They're just gonna keep passing the puck back to each other until they get secondaries on their own goals.

"You take it."

"No, you take it."

"No, no. I insist. This one's all yours."

"Oh no, I couldn't possibly. You have to take this."

*Celebrini intercepts one of their passes, scores it himself, then stares the both of them down as he does the fly-by at the bench.*

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
3-0 Moose Jaw as the second period winds down. Portland is getting a few punches in and the shot clock is close, but this doesn't really feel like a close game. Cagnoni has a holding-the-stick penalty against him so far.

EDIT: As soon as I post this Portland gets on the board with just under a minute left.

Munnyro

Jul 15, 2013
Sacramento, CA
That was his way of saying: I’m better than that Eklund-guy.
In the recent Pronman Athletic draft podcast, Corey wasn't sure if Eklund would be part of the core or around when the Sharks were good again. He's 21 MFer. Plus Shak wasn't even mentioned as a D prospect...I guess I'm using this moment to rant about how shit that dude's opinion is.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
The sad thing is, even if we get a big FA this summer we’ll still suck, even with Celebrini and Smith.

All I want out of this year is to see our prospects up and to get excited about the Sharks again… and then get to pick 2 more high end prospects to round out the pool.
It’s not sad, it’s all part of the plan.

The kids can still have fun. Our d is still terrible. Goalies may steal us some games, maybe. I wish we still had K*R*aapo in net. Maybe we should sign Jones to be our #1

• Haha

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
"You take it."

"No, you take it."

"No, no. I insist. This one's all yours."

"Oh no, I couldn't possibly. You have to take this."

*Celebrini intercepts one of their passes, scores it himself, then stares the both of them down as he does the fly-by at the bench.*
Sounds more like a Musty thing to do.

Reactions: landshark

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad