Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Thread XX

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Lindstrom definitely sounds like the kind of guy the Sharks have historically loved. Meier, Hertl, etc. I’m a little less excited by the power forward game, but since we already have Will Smith and Eklund, I can see how he adds a needed element. A line with him and Musty would be pretty tough to play against. Put Bystedt on their wing and that’s a scary group of forwards.

I think I’m a little more drawn to Levshunov’s ceiling though.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Ever since the Sharks picked Weisblatt in the 1st round, it unfortunately seems that the ability to use a player to virtue signal has crept into their decision-making process.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
Care to explain how using a top five pick to draft Lindstrom, a consensus top five pick, would constitute "virtue signaling"?
Unrelated to the virtue signaling, but is he actually a consensus top 5 pick? My prospect ranking/general insight is terrible, but is he the best player to take at 2 for example?

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Unrelated to the virtue signaling, but is he actually a consensus top 5 pick? My prospect ranking/general insight is terrible, but is he the best player to take at 2 for example?
Opinion seems to vary but the most recent Bob McKenzie rankings, which is really the only public ranking that matters in terms of gauging consensus, Lindstrom was ranked 5th. Elite prospects does a consolidated ranking where they combine a bunch of different sources and he's 5th on that list too.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Yeah he is absolutely a consensus top 5 pick. Most people have him in the top 3 or at least did before his injury.
Ever since the Sharks picked Weisblatt in the 1st round, it unfortunately seems that the ability to use a player to virtue signal has crept into their decision-making process.
What even is this take? Even Wiesblatt was ranked around 30-40 by most people. This is just a weird thing.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Yeah he is absolutely a consensus top 5 pick. Most people have him in the top 3 or at least did before his injury.

What even is this take? Even Wiesblatt was ranked around 30-40 by most people. This is just a weird thing.
Weisblatt was picked around where he was projected, but the level the Sharks went to recognize his mom’s hearing impairment was highly unusual.

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
Weisblatt was picked around where he was projected, but the level the Sharks went to recognize his mom’s hearing impairment was highly unusual.
giphy.gif

GRANdSharks

Mar 14, 2018
Id be fine with Lindstrom at 2, personally have him at 6 but this draft has like 6 or 7 guys after celebrini that are rather close for me, not really a guy I'm in love with after celebrini at the top

Reactions: TheWayToRefJose

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
You're really going to try to tear down probably the single decent thing Doug Wilson Jr. has done in his entire life?

• Haha
Reactions: timorous me

anthonyyy

Aug 11, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Lindstrom returned to the ice yesterday and scored, so I don't think it's a big issue. Now, if he's going to be out again and it's a lingering thing, probably not draftable in our position.

Reactions: Sandisfan

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay
Didn't they just sign his name while drafting him? That doesn't seem like a "highly unusual" level, that seems pretty normal

Hey woah woah! We can’t be having people going around making gestures of decency and kindness towards others. Especially not when yet more people might bear witness. What the f*** is the world coming to?

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
Hey woah woah! We can’t be having people going around making gestures of decency and kindness towards others. Especially not when yet more people might bear witness. What the f*** is the world coming to?
Even though Wiesblatt is trending to be a bust of a 31st pick I still have a positive memory of the moment because they signed for his family. If Wiesblatt busted and we didn't do it, nobody thinks twice about this. He is a late first, they bust sometimes, but because they also did something decent when they drafted him it becomes a conspiracy that they drafted him and is a "virtue signal"

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
An odd statement from @Mattb124, but I will point out that the Sharks have had a long history of letting the wrong things color their judgment:

1) Hiring former players beyond their competence
2) Hiring DW jr in the first place
3) Drafting a player because of his father
4) Drafting a player because he was from San Jose
5) Drafting a player because he is the nephew of the current coach
6) Drafting a player because he was crying and the GM felt bad
7) Drafting players from a certain region to create a narrative
8) Not drafting player due to that player's nationality (has no doubt happened numerous times)
9) Acquiring the brother of a current player/prospect

Would I put it beyond the Sharks to assign extra points to a player for some stupid reason?

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
An odd statement from @Mattb124, but I will point out that the Sharks have had a long history of letting the wrong things color their judgment:

8) Not drafting player due to that player's nationality (has no doubt happened numerous times)

Would I put it beyond the Sharks to assign extra points to a player for some stupid reason?
Tbf all franchises do this at some point or another because we're dealing with human beings, all of whom have biases

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA

wait when did this happen lol

Reactions: Hawkeye8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad