Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info Discussion Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007

This is encouraging to read

It’s not just that Bordeleau is scoring, though. He has the ability to take over shifts and has such tremendous feel for how to create offense. He opens so much up with his skill and smarts that it makes his linemates a bigger threat. Brendan Brisson has certainly been a beneficiary of Bordeleau’s high-end playmaking as much as anyone.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I was thinking more of the draft position. IIRC Aho was drafted in the early 2nd but was hyped as being one of the better/best players in the draft by prospect nerds but ultimately fell because of his size.
Yeah you are right but Point fell for the same reasons but fell further because of him being a few inches smaller than Aho and like 20 pounds lighter. Point was a mid-late third if I’m remembering right. Some where between like picks 80-90 and Aho was like picks 35-40. I’d be overjoyed with Bordeleau becoming either. Honestly I’d be happy with Bordeleau becoming a 2nd line C.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I was thinking more of the draft position. IIRC Aho was drafted in the early 2nd but was hyped as being one of the better/best players in the draft by prospect nerds but ultimately fell because of his size.

Aho is 6ft

Man, we could have drafted both Barzal and Aho

Reactions: landshark

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Torpedo lost and is now down 3 games to zero. No goals for Torpedo. Chekhovich should be free to come over here soon.

I did notice some interesting columns on the game summary - average speed, maximum speed, time on attack, and puck control distance. Chekhovich topped out at 30.47 kph (18.9 mph), which was third-lowest on his team among forwards and ahead of only five forwards in the game. The previous two games show pretty much the same story - Chekhovich appears to top out at about 19 mph. For comparison, Labanc topped out at about 21 mph when he scored the tying goal against Vegas on Friday.

I don't know if this means anything important, but I thought it was interesting.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Torpedo lost and is now down 3 games to zero. No goals for Torpedo. Chekhovich should be free to come over here soon.

I did notice some interesting columns on the game summary - average speed, maximum speed, time on attack, and puck control distance. Chekhovich topped out at 30.47 kph (18.9 mph), which was third-lowest on his team among forwards and ahead of only five forwards in the game. The previous two games show pretty much the same story - Chekhovich appears to top out at about 19 mph. For comparison, Labanc topped out at about 21 mph when he scored the tying goal against Vegas on Friday.

I don't know if this means anything important, but I thought it was interesting.
Sorry I can't remember... Checkhovich is already signed but Dahlen isn't? Assuming you must know since you think he's coming over? If so would sure be great to see if he can translate to the NHL.

Desert Eagle

May 13, 2019
Europe

All season long he has same digits so we should realize that he isn`t very fast. On the positive side, his wrist shot is awesome.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007

I believe speed has been a nock on him previously but what really matters is how quickly does he get to that top speed and how well he skates overall

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I believe speed has been a nock on him previously but what really matters is how quickly does he get to that top speed and how well he skates overall

It is worth noting that his average speed ranked in the middle of the pack among forwards. That implies to me that either his acceleration to top speed is pretty good, or he's always moving at a decent clip. I think either would be a good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00