Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
CHL-Update:

Edmond with 32 saves named 1st star in a 2-1 win
Merkley with a +2 in a 5-6 loss.

Merkley hasn’t scored a point in 4 straight games since putting up 3 assists in his Peterborough debut, but he has been a +player in the last 3 and

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Sasha Chmelevski had the GWG in USA‘s semi-final win against Russia (2-1)

Is there anyone that has watched his WJC games that can evaluate his play a little bit? Numbers look ok.

In CHL-Action

Merkley is suffering from EK65 Syndrom as he has now gone 5 games without a point (-1 tonight in a 5-3 win)
Chekhovich had 3 assists and a +1 in a 5-3 win
Gregor pointless with a -1 in a 4-2 loss
Blichfeld with 1g and -1 in a 5-3 win

All in all an average night for our CHL prospects*

*Since the output was so meh, I will add that Kotkov (who i don’t track because I have 0 expectations for him) had a goal

Reactions: NiWa

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Another kid did some stuff tonight too, but he's from Huntington Beach and it's not like they're a hockey hotbed, so who cares. :sarcasm:

That wasn’t a CHL-game :D

Wasn’t aware that the final was tonight and just saw it like 5 minutes ago. Was gonna update it right now...

Chmelevski with 1g, 1a, +2 in about 15 minutes of ice in USAs 3-2 loss to Finland in the WCJ finals...

He finished the tournament with 4g, 3a, +2 in 7 games

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
That wasn’t a CHL-game :D

Wasn’t aware that the final was tonight and just saw it like 5 minutes ago. Was gonna update it right now...

Chmelevski with 1g, 1a, +2 in about 15 minutes of ice in USAs 3-2 loss to Finland in the WCJ finals...

He's a chl player, so my offucial ruling is that it counts.

Also he was fantastic. Could've/should've had another point or two

Reactions: Sandisfan

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
He's a chl player, so my offucial ruling is that it counts.

Also he was fantastic. Could've/should've had another point or two
What role/line did Chmelevski play for the US team?

Also, I am curious as to what the ceiling for the Ch-twins is at the NHL level, based on their play this year. Could they end up being decent top-6 players for us down the road?

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
What role/line did Chmelevski play for the US team?

Also, I am curious as to what the ceiling for the Ch-twins is at the NHL level, based on their play this year. Could they end up being decent top-6 players for us down the road?

They’ll be top-6 players somewhere. At this point, I suspect they get traded.

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
I thought Sasha played really well. He was involved in so many important scoring plays. Eye popping passing too

Reactions: NiWa

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I wonder how the AHL roster will shape out next year. Assuming the Sharks no trades and no re-signings of any UFAs, there should be a few forward spots at the NHL level. However, if they retain some UFAs or acquire some players, things are going to be packed.

I could easily see a situation where players like Blichfeld, Halbgewachs, Gregor, Letunov, and the Ch-twins are getting middle-6 AHL minutes. How is that good for anyone?

Reactions: Sandisfan

sharks_dynasty

Oct 25, 2006
San Jose, CA
I wonder how the AHL roster will shape out next year. Assuming the Sharks no trades and no re-signings of any UFAs, there should be a few forward spots at the NHL level. However, if they retain some UFAs or acquire some players, things are going to be packed.

I could easily see a situation where players like Blichfeld, Halbgewachs, Gregor, Letunov, and the Ch-twins are getting middle-6 AHL minutes. How is that good for anyone?
That’s if Doug doesn’t trade a few prospects first.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

Actually next year is going to be largely unpredictable mainly because of how the re-signings are handled in the NHL.

Of all our forwards that are FA's (both unrestricted and restricted) next year, the only one I am 100% confident returns is Meier. Outside of him I don't know which of these guys are re-signed and it is hard to say so mainly because of the EK65 re-signing:

Pavs
Donskoi
Labanc
Sorenson
Jumbo

Then there may be prospects as well as players in the list above that may be moved/traded before the start of next season. I expect spots to be open both on the Cuda and Sharks by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad