Sharks News/Notes XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Is this the same girlfriend he had when he moved to the US? I just remember her from the "This is dream" day, and I wasn't clear if it's the same person he married.

Yeah she looks exactly like the girl in the remaking of the jagr picture. So i am guessing yes it is the same girl.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
From ESPN's hockey guy (not *actually* an oxymoron! lol): https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/27167219/10-lessons-2019-nhl-offseason

2. Stop contract shaming

If Aho is worth $8.454 million, Point might be worth even more. But he's going to probably end up signing a team-friendly deal because he wants to remain friendly with the team and potentially win a Stanley Cup with this group. And that's OK!

There are going to be many who criticize him, or any player who chooses not to maximize his earning potential for the sake of staying with a contender and/or remaining where their stuff is. But choosing this route is every bit as laudable as someone like Mitch Marner refusing to allow his team's other budgetary decisions to affect him. Which brings us to forward Kevin Labanc, who signed a one-year, $1 million contract to remain with the San Jose Sharks and was promptly labeled the dumbest player in hockey for doing so. "I think it was the best decision for myself and the team. The salary cap is tight, and sometimes you have to take a team discount. My biggest goal is to win a Stanley Cup this year. I had to take a bit of a discount, and I'm betting on myself to have an even bigger year," he told NHL Network Radio.

Hey, it's your career. You do you.

3. Doug Wilson is 'Lord Business'

On a related note: The Sharks' Doug Wilson somehow got Labanc back in on a $1 million contract. He convinced Erik Karlsson to sign on for eight years, although the $92 million obviously helps. And then he made yet another merciless decision with a beloved veteran player in letting Joe Pavelski walk away to the Dallas Stars, much as he did with Patrick Marleau two years ago.

Half of the GMs in this league would have rearranged life for Pavelski because his face is on the season tickets and because he literally bled for his team in the playoffs. But not Lord Business.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Can they hurry up and announce Logan as captain so I have something to be happy about?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
My guess is that captain won't be announced until camp at the earliest, unless he's participating in pre camp NHL media events and needs to be wearing the C.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I love how the picture is Kane, but of course hes not one of the guys recommending books.

He was one of the group that recommended Harry Potter. Along with Burns recommending it in both the "middle" and adults categories.

Also look at Labanc recommending The Count of Monte Christo. Kevin Labanc, stuffy literary snob confirmed. He probably spends his intermissions reading Dostoevsky and packs James Joyce with him on the team charter.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
He was one of the group that recommended Harry Potter. Along with Burns recommending it in both the "middle" and adults categories.

Also look at Labanc recommending The Count of Monte Christo. Kevin Labanc, stuffy literary snob confirmed. He probably spends his intermissions reading Dostoevsky and packs James Joyce with him on the team charter.
Listening to him in interviews made me wonder if he could read at all...and wham he makes that rec

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Listening to him in interviews made me wonder if he could read at all...and wham he makes that rec

For a second, I thought that "him" referred to Kane, and I was like, what? He might be our most well-spoken player.

Then I realized you were talking about Labanc lol.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California

Now every time I hear him in an interview I'll just imagine him quoting Finnegans Wake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad