Sharks' new goal song?

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Not sure why they described Sixx:AM being a local band when they're from LA

I was confused by this too so I looked it up and Nikki Sixx was born in San Jose, that's the best I can figure but the band is definitely an LA band. I had never even heard of them before this, not my cup of tea. I stand by the song being generic with some nice drums, its ok, kinda a side step from what we had before.

Most of the choices were pretty bad.

This.

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
I don't love the new song, but it's a lot better than most of the other options we were given. Certainly beats Green Day and Nickelback.

BillR10

Nov 16, 2008
To know who six a.m. is you really have to be a rock fan. Octane on Sirius / XM radio used to play then all the time. They are actually a pretty good group. Even though i like them, I'm kinda iffy on the song choice because I felt there are better options out there but I have to say that I'm happy they went original. No one else has used this song.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
If all they're using is that chanty "hey" chorus I'm totally fine with it

A goal song only needs to be inactive onomatopoeia, and I believe this accomplishes that

Goldenshark

Sep 16, 2007
Vacaville
If all they're using is that chanty "hey" chorus I'm totally fine with it

A goal song only needs to be inactive onomatopoeia, and I believe this accomplishes that

I had to look that up, that was a big word there:

on⋅o⋅mat⋅o⋅poe⋅ia /,ɑ:nə,mætə'piə/
noun
1. using words that imitate the sound they denote

ORIGIN: 1577, in poetry theory, from Greek onomatopoiia "the making of a name or word," from onomatopoios, from onoma (gen. onomatos) "word, name" + poiein "compose, make" (see poet).

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
the current song is horrible. you can't even hear it in the arena. way too much noise going on. should have been Blitzkrieg Bop...

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
the current song is horrible. you can't even hear it in the arena. way too much noise going on. should have been Blitzkrieg Bop...

This, each time I have gone this season I couldn't even make out the song from the crowd.

Hold the Pickles

Aug 16, 2003
03-K64
they should just change it to something random and bizarre, like Rock Lobster, or something.

if we need to say hey, we can just add it in ourselves whenever the the guitar stops playing.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
I'm also keen on the idea of Black Skinhead by Kanye. I'm not a fan of his personal behavior, but his music is tight. This has a great beat and would great for a goal song. If you MUST add a "Hey", its easy here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad