Proposal: SHARKS/MAPLE LEAFS

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Why? Karlsson isnt the Karlsson of old and the Leafs center depth suddenly looks pretty bad
they got nylander

that being said they should prob just get away from those big contracts if they are moving Tavares.... seems dumb to bring in another 11 mil player just get 2 6 mil players

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Even if Dubas agreed to this (and I am confident he'd hang up the phone) I don't see Tavares waiving his no trade for this, or any other move.

He came back home to play for his hometown Leafs, the team is considered at least in the hunt to win the Cup, and likely will be for years, and the Sharks are nowhere near contending. Dubas wouldn't even insult him with the suggestion.

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
Why? Karlsson isnt the Karlsson of old and the Leafs center depth suddenly looks pretty bad
From a Toronto perspective;
Tavares isn't worth anywhere near 11/per.. and will likely decline before contract expires, incidentally, he falls down more than anyone in hockey.. might offer more minutes for Matthews.. which would always be good. True center depth might be lacking but defence wins games in playoffs and perhaps theres a Dermott + prospect or pick for center trade available before the deadline.. (we likely lose Dermott in expansion draft anyway) so..

From a Sharks perspective;
Karlsson hasn't lived up to expectations i believe and are obviously not a good team right now. Maybe Tavares is able to shine out from under the shadows of Matthews and is the number #1 center all teams need to succeed long-term..
Maybe Karlsson wants to be back in Ontario? lol

Who knows, just a different proposal i had never seen and thought might be interesting..
Cheers

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
Well... I certainly wouldn't have expected it to have been a Toronto fan that proposed this...

Tavares may not be worth his contract, but Karlsson literally sucks.

Lol what exactly does this statement even mean? Nevermind, not at all interested in what you have to say haha
Cheers

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
ERIK KARLSSON #65

San Jose Sharks

Alternate Captain

Right Defense

Cap Hit: $11,500,000

FOR

JOHN TAVARES #91

Toronto Maple Leafs

Captain

Centre

Cap Hit: $11,000,000

Cap hit very similar. Might be an worthwhile trade to consider for both teams.
Any interesting or intelligent opinions on this proposal?
Karlsson looks better of late but that’s probably still a very negative value contract that won’t age well.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
they got nylander

that being said they should prob just get away from those big contracts if they are moving Tavares.... seems dumb to bring in another 11 mil player just get 2 6 mil players
Nylander doesnt work at center just saying

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
While it’s understandable why Leafs wouldn’t do this trade, I think the Sharks keep their guy here. Yes center depth of Tavares, Couture, Hertl would be really good but right D depth of Burns, Jaros, Vlasic sounds awful.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00