Rumor: Sharks inquire about Alfredsson (UPD: Signed with DET)

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Yeah...this just isn't going to happen. Don't see why of all places he'd sign here for what will likely be his last year only to have Sens fans pissed at him.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 2m
Alfredsson's decision: Ottawa, Boston or Detroit.

Not going to be us. DW is the king of tire kickers.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Yes and it is getting very very very very very old. :cry:

not really sooner or later there has to be that one free agent that tells wilson, this is what i want from detroit, but i'm willing to take less from you to play with so and so.

like the countless other players have done to the sharks aka nieds in anaheim.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 3m

As per @DarrenDreger, Wings deal has been agreed upon with Alfredsson, one year, $5.5 M (including $2 M in bonuses)

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 22s

Red Wings announce Daniel Alfredsson's deal. One year at $5.5-million cap hit. Lot of bonuses to get to that number though.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Am I the only who thinks Ottawa is a better team than Detroit? Detroit was surprising in the playoffs but Ottawa had injuries to Anderson, Karlsson, Spezza, etc. and they still made the playoffs and Detroit and Ottawa both got knocked out in the 2nd round albeit Detroit did take the Cup Champs to 7.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Am I the only who thinks Ottawa is a better team than Detroit? Detroit was surprising in the playoffs but Ottawa had injuries to Anderson, Karlsson, Spezza, etc. and they still made the playoffs and Detroit and Ottawa both got knocked out in the 2nd round albeit Detroit did take the Cup Champs to 7.

And Ottawa went out and got Bobby Ryan and Clarke MacArthur. They're significantly better than Detroit on paper.

It's pretty tough to count out the Wings entirely, but I certainly don't look at them as the team to beat anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad