Sharks Feb Schedule off for 2 weeks? Why?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
The NHL staggers the breaks around the ASG. A bunch of teams are off "this week" in advance of ASG. Others are after the ASG. (Essentially gives most players 4+ extra days, including event and travel days, excluding those involved in the event.)

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
It is weird how it works out, though, because the teams off this week seem to all be returning around 2/4 or 2/5, so that works out to about five days shorter of a break than the Sharks have.

Meanwhile, other teams still playing this week (who will be off next week) like Seattle and Detroit and Anaheim, seem to be returning on 2/9 or 2/10.

So yeah, the Sharks seem to have something like five extra days off compared to the rest of the league. Two whole weeks does seem excessive! I imagine it could be tough for them to get back into the swing of things right away after returning, playing teams that have been active the previous week.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Chinaski89

May 17, 2019
It is weird how it works out, though, because the teams off this week seem to all be returning around 2/4 or 2/5, so that works out to about five days shorter of a break than the Sharks have.

Meanwhile, other teams still playing this week (who will be off next week) like Seattle and Detroit and Anaheim, seem to be returning on 2/9 or 2/10.

So yeah, the Sharks seem to have something like five extra days off compared to the rest of the league. Two whole weeks does seem excessive! I imagine it could be tough for them to get back into the swing of things right away after returning, playing teams that have been active the previous week.
Good. Sounds wonderful. Keep them L’s coming.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
This break has already felt longer than 2 weeks. I think all the teams will have played a game post all star break after today except for the Sharks and they don't come back until Wednesday. The schedule this year has been crazy.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
This break has already felt longer than 2 weeks. I think all the teams will have played a game post all star break after today except for the Sharks and they don't come back until Wednesday. The schedule this year has been crazy.
Teams usually come out flat after a huge break between games, sharks will come back hot and win 18 straight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad