Sharks Clinch Berth; Knock-off Bruins

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
San Jose, California - The Sharks have done what most expected them to do, clinch a berth in the 2006 HFNHL playoffs. The most impressive part of the feat was that they did it with a 2-0 shutout win versus the league best Boston Bruins. GM Astles, up until this point, was unsure of his teams play against the teams at the top but this win has set his mind at ease, "The boys did what they had to do, played hard, and picked up a solid shutout win on the road." The shutout marks the 9th of the season for Goaltender Theodore who is now tied with Marty Turco of the same Boston Bruins for top spot in the league, each playing 62 games thus far. "I felt really good tonight, the boys played well infront of me and I made some key saves" stated the Sharks' Theodore. With 12 games remaining, the Sharks are just 3 points back of the Conference leading Jackets. Next up for the Sharks is a home date with the Ottawa Senators. As for now the Sharks will continue to build on a 4-game win streak as they head into the playoffs.

Jose Jaws
San Jose Tribune

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad